ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Colorpalette and real life paintmixing

Colorpalette and real life paintmixing

Hi.
    I was wondering if its possible to show the colors needed for a picked color with the colorpicker?

Heres what i mean...when i pick a green spot on a imported picture i whant to know witch colors made that green, showing me persent of yellow, green and white....and maby black. You get my point

In Artrage it shows only red green blue...saturation and so forth.

This would be helpful for us practicing colormixing on a real canvas with real oils and not only on the pc.

Maby anyone know a software that do this?

Think this would help artists learn mixing colors faster.

Dubber

Dear Dubber, there is not a soft that does what you want. AR Studio Pro, at the present time, is the most modern and accurate program available to blend colors in a way that resembles traditional color mix.

Artists, make a study of the colors in a methodical and orderly way, through the meticulous, detailed and systematic study of the changes of hue, value and chroma. It is a continuous learning process. The construction of cards or grids of the same color family with these variations, is what allows the assimilation of the different shades and tints of colors, and their different color nuances, and also to obtain different mixtures. In this respect, the program lets you do it intuitively, and little by little, and with time the use of such mixtures becomes virtually automatic, without research or calculation, from the top of the head.

Another aspect that I'm still learning is that, through these exercises to mix colors, I dispense, increasingly, the use and utilization of the names of the colors.

Regarding your suggestion: ... when i pick up the green spot on the imported picture whant to know witch i made That Green colors, showing me persent of yellow, green and white .... and maby black...

If you study the mixing of paints, as a continuous exercise in AR, this will certainly make things easier when you use the traditional means.

Lima

Thanks for answering Lima

color mixing

Good morning Dubber,

my Imac has a built in "digital color meter" that does what you are looking for. You didn't mention what system you are using but since Mac has one it stands to reason that there is a pc compatible app somewhere. Good luck in finding one.

Angelchaps

Thanks, Angelchaps, but then, if this is really what needs Dubber, so he can download the ColorPic4 or Pixie. Digital color meters (small applications that provides color information when you mouse over the color on your screen).

color mixing

My apologies, all. Of course you are correct, oroliami. I was focusing on Dubber's interest in percentages and glossed over the real paint part. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Angelchaps

What an interesting idea for an Application.

The properties of different paints and how they mix boggles my mind.

To me colour choice is years of experience, dollops of Feel and more than a little Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kaveman View Post
    What an interesting idea for an Application.

The properties of different paints and how they mix boggles my mind.

To me colour choice is years of experience, dollops of Feel and more than a little Luck.
    I think it would be a great application....and great for beginners
    Maby Artrage could apply that in next update

Are you referring to a set of cmyk color bars?