ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will buy it if it does what I want to do

I will buy it if it does what I want to do

It must be comparable to Jasc's Paint Shop Pro 3 ...yes, the old one, before Corel took over.

I want to be able to edit and create .jpg, .gif, and .bmp pictures.

I want to be able to zoom extremely tight (10x is good) and modify individual pixels, preferably with the option of a grid.

I want to be able to cut, copy, and paste while zoomed.

I want to know my x, y coordinate at all times, with a preference for an offset for, at least, lines.

I want to be able to make any color or extract a color that is unknown, for my own use.

I want a fill with a tolerance on the delimiter.

I want to be able to print what I see, where preferably I do the color matching. A bonus would be fairly precise scaling.

I want to be able to resize a picture either up or down.

A cloning tool would be a definite plus as long as I can vary the coverage area.

I'd like a variety of fonts and text entry that allows for undo at least while I'm still entering text into my picture.

A rectangle option, lines and/or filled, is just shy of a must.

A circle tool, filled and/or lines, is a must.

This is why I joined this forum, to find out if Art Rage, any version, meets my needs. I do not have the time to go through a learning curve only to find that I can't do what I want.

I was very upset when Jasc closed up shop and sold to Corel. I actually spent quite a bit of money for a Corel product BEFORE I found Jasc. I was very displeased with Corel, and I don't care if it is popular.

This post goes out to the moderators. Once I buy the software and use it then I may make more time to participate more here.

I do not download and "try it out" if at all possible. Rather, I see what the program has to offer, and then I buy, so that I can get a manual and help. I just do not have the time to invest in a learning curve and no support.

I need a workable art program. With Paint Shop Pro 3 I had that -- I never needed support because it worked as the manual said. I paid better than four times what you're asking for Art Rage 2. I'm wondering why Art Rage 2 is so inexpensive. I'm thinking, based on the price, that it is seriously lacking. However, I could be wrong, which is why I'm using this forum. I swear I will buy it if it can do, generally, what Paint Shop Pro 3 did.

Thank you for listening.

P.S. You're lucky this forum was available or you would have had little opportunity to sell me your product, for your web site does not answer my questions while I don't have time to call you or wait for an email response that, based on other company responses, likely will be just shy of useless.

P.P.S. I don't mean to sound rude, but I know what I want and I want to be 90% sure I get it if and when I buy. :-) ...there is so much of what I don't want out there...

Paint Shop Pro 3 was so good that, even though I'm running XP now, I will buy it again if ever I find it available anywhere. ...assuming Art Rage isn't comparable or better of course, for it'd be much easier than searching for old software.

If Art Rage can't do what I want, will you please direct me to something that does.

Thank you again.

Hi Me,
    It sounds like you're after an image editing application.
    ArtRage is more focussed on painting and the creation of original artworks with natural real-world tools.
    You might find something like The Gimp more what you're after.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I'm far from an experienced ArtRage user, and I realise the question is directed at the admins, but I think I can save you (and them) some trouble and answer that at least 80% of your questions can be answered with, "No, ArtRage doesn't do that."

If you don't mind me saying, the reason you weren't able to find the answers to your questions on the website is because ArtRage is an artistic painting tool -- which is stated quite clearly thoughout the various pages describing its features -- whereas you are looking for someone to have copied your favourite program, PaintShop 3, which was designed for a completely different purpose.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Edit: Andy beat me to it.

I thank the both of you for responding. I didn't think it'd work for me, but I had to make sure.

As far as GIMP goes, it's free, which concerns me, and it appears that it's meant for Macs, a UNIX-based system. I must put up with Windows, so a Mac isn't an option for me. ...eventually folks will come around and realize Windows is and always has been crap, while PC's are junk, and that will be a wonderful day. But until then...

The good news is I just now found a means to what looks to be old versions of Jasc's Paint Shop Pro. If given permission (as it will reduce ArtRage's profits, to some extent, which is wrong being is this forum has been made available to sell ArtRage) I will post the info I've found.

I am so thankful that you folks were honest with me. I will remember it. One day ArtRage may be something I need/want. ...I have so little time to simply play, produce artwork for art's sake. :-(

Though this, likely, isn't the place and I, Thanksgiving-fully, have the time...

I was upset that Jasc sold, but I also realize that is the way things are done today. You no longer stick with a product and make it better and better. No, you create a product, make it work, make it work a little better, and then sell it and the company to the megahuge guy you competed with and were slowly beating, just to avoid the hassle of the business world of today, a world where the megahuge guy gives away the product for a time, suckers 90% of the populace to accept "free" to get market share for future sales, and, in turn, put the other guy, the better, out of business so you can keep selling your junk without competition.

Folks today call this free enterprise and great for the consumer. Personally, I call it the end, the end of a consumer-driven marketplace and, therefore, the end of competition gradually lowering prices so that more people can be free to choose the best product from a range of good products.

In short, we the American people are suckers being led to the bondage we claim to abhor now and did abhor back when.

Wow but it felt good to say something real AND where it could be heard for a change... Thank you Art Rage!

I think you're looking for something like artweaver.
    http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version

But PSP3? who would want that ? Corel only stepped in after version 9.
    Untill then I thought it was a great package.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by me
    In short, we the American people are suckers being led to the bondage we claim to abhor now and did abhor back when.
    This is a very international forum - people from all over the world.
    And Corel are Canadian.
    And ArtRage is developed in New Zealand.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Burp.

@me: The GIMP runs on every major platform, not just Macs. It shouldn't be suspect because it's free, but because for many people it has stability issues and it's not easy to just pick up and use. The adage "You get what you pay for" is simply inapplicable to the software industry. Some of the best software I have, including ArtRage, is freeware or shareware.