ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mouse or pen glued to tool settings box

Mouse or pen glued to tool settings box

I don't know if my mac is going down or if this is software issue.
    When I go to work on a painting-regardless of a recent one or new, the tool settings box is in the middle of the painting and when I go to move it, the mouse stays glued to it. I have tried to restart, but nothing helps.
    Thanks,
    Sandy

Alexandra, a couple of days ago my Wacom stylus wouldn´t react at all. I could move the mouse, but not the icon for the pen. I reloaded the last driver I had and all was well. Maybe that might help--at any rate it couldn´t hurt. Good luck!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Thanks Scott, I needed to do that, but unfortunately it didn't help. I just downloaded the latest firefox, and it seems to have had an effect on a lot of programs. When I sign on-I have to click the page to see the firefox tool bar, and yahoo wouldn't work with it, and when I click on artrage I have to click this page as well to get the artrage tool bar.
    Anyway, I cannot even use my artrage today.

I'd recommend closing ArtRage, then deleting ArtRage's settings file ( artrage.prs ) in case this is damaged. The ArtRage.prs file can be found in your Mac Hard Driver under <your username>/library/preferences/ambient design/artrage 3 if you're using Studio / Studio Pro ( or ArtRage 2 if using ArtRage 2.x ). Launch ArtRage and check whether this has helped.

Use the OS X disc utility to do a full permissions check and repair if this doesn't help.

Otherwise, check whether restarting your Mac, making sure other programs are closed, then launching ArtRage has any effect on the problem. Try tapping your stylus button and mouse left click button to make sure they're not sticking.

Also, download the latest tablet driver from Wacom's website, uninstall your current one, restart your Mac and install the latest version you downloaded, to make sure that it's not a driver problem.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

You could also try un-plugging your graphics tablet completely and see if the problem remains.

I unplugged and tapped the buttons and pulled the skin cover off of the keyboard and I turned off the mac. No more bugs!
    I have a new baby in the house-"Quill"-a year old tortoiseshell cat I've fallen in love with and he has to be with me every where I go. If I am up here-he is in front of the keyboard, or laying on my tablet-maybe he mashed the button on the pen or something. He weighs fifteen pounds right now and is just about as long as my desk. A big boy so far.

Thanks guys!!!!

I forgot to add to this post, that it started happening again. Maybe partly because of Quilly, but I went back to wacom downloads, and I don't think I installed it correctly. I deleted and downloaded again and restarted the mac and now everything is working really well, in fact things worked better than before. The pressure control on the tools are fantastic. I wondered why I had so much trouble with some of the settings, and I think that was it. Big thanks to ScottF!
    Now if I could get more memory....I will check into that.