Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Shelter of a Barn and new one.

I'm sorry to read about your Computer woes,I can see you were on the right track with the 2nd image,it shows improvement.Don't let it get to you Keep painting Dear Sandra!

Hi Jon, I don't know what made me paint a snow scene...guess it is the tropical weather we have had lately-96 today. It is brutal sometimes here in Georgia. Thanks so much.

Thank you so much Amanda. I really appreciate that. I have asked Dave to move this for me-as I plan on improving it as much as I can. I hope you will watch and let me know of anything you can think of. I love your techniques and would really appreciate it.

Scott, Thanks so much. Your input means so much to me. I hope you will take a peak too and please feel free to let me know. I am having some funky things going on with my computer this evening. It will still not let me use my artrage. On the second image, three layers are gone-my shadows and my sig.

Dear Alesandra, just love this painting!!! it is almost monotone and ink, but very beautifully done!!! and actually very warm! don't know if the one with two mountain ranges is the second one but it is my fave, wouldn't change a thing but what do i know

Hi,just me again.I was thinking about your Computer issues, if it's on your PC have you done the latest Windows updates?Just a thought if it's doing weird stuff.

Alexandra, a wonderful painting and great mood all done with so few tools

hi there Alexandra, this is a good scene and u are making it very nice. i do second caesar's observations esp, the introduction of the sky color on the ground/snow, just a hint would work. very subtle.
    couple of suggestions that i hope would do good:
    let not have the top edge of the mountain range at the back look so sharp, at such distance they would look diffused, that would add a feeling of depth. they will be less saturated, less contrasty with less hard edges.
    little more work on the shadows would make the whole scene look better. its good if they reflect the shape they are from. the shadow of the chimney isnt going with the direction with the direction of other shadows. u might want to adjust that. and most importantly, the shadows of the trees and huts show a backlit situation, it would be great if u adjust your light (on all the objects) according to that.
    i hope i didnt make it all sound so much and difficult but im sure if u can make this so wonderful u can easily do the adjustments too...

all the best...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Dear Sandra I of course will watch this progress. As for advice I would agree with Cesare and Waheed.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Waheed, Cesare, and Amanda-I am looking forward to working on these issues, thank you very very much. I think I will re-do the mountains once I restudy Peter's tut. The challenge to me will be to use only the three tools.

Jean and Lee, thank you so much. I am so happy that you like this one.

Dear Scott, it is my mac. I am afraid it is getting to be an old thing now. I have had the hard drive replaced once, and then I had to send them my installation CD's. When I updated the drivers and security-I could no longer use my printer and have a few issues. I went to the HP website and there were no longer any drivers for my printer and when I phoned them, they said I had to get another printer. I put the old one with my PC. I could use it on the internet if I have too.
    I was concerned that everything else would have to go too-and even though I found an inexpensive printer-to have to buy another wacom would be a bit too much for me right now. I was so happy that every thing is okay today. I believe with Daves suggestions-checking the buttons-this helped. "Quill" the new baby likes to sleep on the desk. I might have to move him to a zoo soon. He is a big boy. My poor little wooden model has fang marks in the top of it's head now, and one of the legs is lying in the floor.

Hey there,
    Hmmm sorry I am a PC boy ,always enjoyed building my own PC's to my own specs .Ends up being cheaper and more power.
    Hope your problems have settled down?
    New baby eating your wooden model is a bit rough!
    I'm glad Monty hasn't taken a liking to any of my Toys lol
    Back to your painting ....Waheed's feedback is very good,this should help you.

I am working on these very suggestions and I will do a screen shot next time also. It is looking better, but those mountains-Peter-if you read this-big respect...I now have a few bald spots.

Hi Scott, next time I need a puter for the internet, I will take your advice and download the virus protection program you suggested, and I will ask you what to get. I have a vista that I use, but I don't have anything to protect it on it yet-so I will be sending you a note on what graphics to get and what memory etc... I don't mind taking it apart and changing things.
    All the problems were gone this morning. I had just downloaded the latest Firefox, and for some reason I had some issues, but they are cleared up now. Also Quill must have mashed down the enter button and also a button on the pen, because when I checked them out and lifted the skin off of the keyboard and clicked the pen it helped-so now I know I need to move these things before the big boy gets up here again. Poor cat...already getting blamed for everything and being the new boy here is hard enough. Glad that Monty is being a good boy and not eating masters toys! What a beautiful and wonderful dog he is.