ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alps - The Eiger (and Appennine Gran Sasso picture 2nd page)

Alps - The Eiger (and Appennine Gran Sasso picture 2nd page)

What is generally not considered is that Italy has a lot of mountains among which there are some of the highest peaks of Europe, more or less shared with the countries on its boundaries (i.e. the Mont Blanc or Monte Bianco with France) as well as the most charming ones all over the world.
    Here's a 100% watercolor (three layers sparating the sky from the other two parts) from a reference picture. No dry on stroke was used, thus details cannot be finely made and thus it shouldn't be looked at very close ...
    Watercolor are not that easy here, therefore it took more than usual, little more than a couple of hours totally.

I made some little improvement to details and to the tonal value in the second version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alps-Eiger.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	271.8 KB 
ID:	48308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alps-Eiger2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	48311  
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-20-2010 at 02:23 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

If "thus it shouldn't be looked at very close" - it is beatiful, thanks
    choosing the words, we lose thoughts
    facebook, B, tumblr

Very nice Caesar- the snow looks beautiful on the mountain.

Dear Mike, watercolors are already not that easy in the real world and require the right approach and some hints and tricks and here they're even harder to use appropriately, so I wouldn't overwork furtherly after this updated second image. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jasmine! Mountains with snow are always a magnificent natural show to admire.

It looks like I reminded You some past memory, dear Sandra. Maybe that famous bike riding .... Thank You!

This is amazing Caesar, did you notice the animal in your painting, the yellow mountains, little to the left has like a rats face and very long legs, and the other mountain over to the far left is a mans head, looks somewhat like and indian, I seen them the instant I looked at your painting

Thank You, dear Pat!
    I didn't notice until You told me, but now I see both quite clearlyand I guess I could contour both on the painting to show them better, but not right now, It's quite late in here ...

Beautiful dear Cesare I do enjoy your water colors
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Caesar, I dont think you should change it at all, it is unique, have you ever seen Bev Doolittle's paintings, she has hidden images in all her paintings, I only pointed this out because I thought it was an amazing happening

Thank You, dear Amanda, and to You too once again, dear Pat! I cannot avoid anymore to see those two disguised guy in it ...