ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Misterpaints soft canvas vol 2by caustico78

Misterpaints soft canvas vol 2by caustico78

Could someone please tell me how to get Misterpaints soft canvas into Ar Canvas area, I have it downloaded opened the zip file and the folder is now in my documents, so I am at the point where I am trying to put the folder in AR canvas area, any help is appreciated....thankyou .............Pat

Are the files .cpr files (canvas file presets) or image files to be used in .cpr files?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

they were .cpr files and now I have them in jpg files in a folder in my documents

Okay... This is a little more tricky then I thought it would be, but here's what you need to do (assuming Misterpaint has kept to his regular methods).

Note: You will need to complete everything that follows, for the presets to work correctly.

For the Canvas Presets (cpr files):

1. Open ArtRage.
    2. Click on Tools > User Content > Open User Canvas Presets Folder.
    3. Create a folder within this folder and name it mistercanvas (not misterpaint).
    4. Place all of the .CPR files you downloaded from his post into this folder.

For the Grains (image files):

1. Open ArtRage (if it isn't still open).
    2. Click on Tools > User Content > Open User Paper Grains Folder.
    3. Create a folder within this folder and name it mistercanvas (not misterpaint).
    4. Place all of the image files (.jpg, .png, etc) you downloaded from his post into this folder.

Now close all instances of ArtRage and reopen the program. You should find the presets listed withing a group named "mistercanvas" (see image below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPR.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	48244

Thankyou so much for taking the time to explain someonesane, will print the instructions out and follow thru..............have a great day and happy painting........Pat

Someonesane thankyou so much

What great instructions you gave me, it worked out great, all is in order now, it is so nice to have the support and help in AR, no waiting for days to get help. Thanks again Someonesane and thankyou AR

No problem, glad things worked out

Nice. Someoanesane, is always helping us.
    Pat, now that you have added Misterpaint set of canvas, here's Misterpaint's fantastic technique that I used in "Itapuca stone ...", here's the LINK

Thankyou Oriane, how nice of you to let me know, I keep going back to your beautiful painting to look at it again and again

Thanks for asking that question Pat! (It's a1940 thing )
    And thanks for answering as concisely as usual, Someonesane.
    It's printed out ready for the morning.

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.