ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A girl from Scanno in the traditional costume

A girl from Scanno in the traditional costume

Here's a portrait from a reference (no tracing or color picking etc.). I tried to paint it accurately enough. Only background + figure layers (2).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScannoTraditionalCostume.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	48218  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

WOW Lovely work dear Cesare absolutely magnificent
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Caesar, this is a gorgeous work. Pretty costume, beautiful lady and such a natural, painterly touch this pic has, which i love also. It always shows, when work is done by freehand from a to z .... i enjoyed this a lot.

By the way, i love and done a lot of national and regional costume paintings also... and you are encouragment to more.Bravo, bravo, bravo.

Thank You, dear Amanda! Today I saw her on a picture and I decided to change her and her attire into a painting. It obviously took more than usual, but still not so much to end up posting a WIP. Anyway I just cannot keep into a too much limited palette as it could have been nice here, I'm afraid.

I'm glad to possibly cause You to resume the costume painting genre dear Anna. I don't have any genre limitation, provide there's some sort of unusual or interesting painting challenge and nice composition. Here there were more than one. Thank You!

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Caesar, she looks absolutely beautiful, the costume is wonderful and such a great painting

This is really cool! She look a bit like Jessica Alba.

Fantastic work friend,there is a lot to like in this painting.Great costume ,looks like a little more time spent on the details, very nice work!

Many thanks, dear VanHeber! I'm glad for Your appreciation!

Dear Pat, so many compliments on the same painting! Thank You very much!

Dear Guyjin, I din't know much about Jessica Alba, so I gave a look to google images. I didn't find a profile picture of her to assess better the likeness degree, but she's certainly a beautiful girl. Thank You!

Right, dear SCP! More time spent but still no planning or complex approaches. I didn' use glazes on a different layer for instance, as I shoud have probably.
    Thank You!

beautiful! finely drawn and painted. Love the texture too... gives it a natural look.