Thread: saving layers as an image sequence?

Gallery
    View images

saving layers as an image sequence?

Hi! I've just finished a painting in AR2 and ended up with 56 layers, I composed it as an image sequence (movements) and had to save each layer as an .png image for later importing in an other app for making a movie, I have a request about saving layers, if there could be a button for "save all layers as a sequence" numbered...(name..001, name...002 and so on. Would it be makeable or is this task involving a lot of difficult solved technical issues?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Ulrik.
    That's probably outside the scope of ArtRage... BUT there is probably a way to make it easier for you.
    From the file menu, export the painting as a Photoshop PSD - it will export with all the layers intact. Then if you have another application that can read a layered Photoshop document for animations and the like, or that has the layer bulk exporting that you're after, you can use that.

If you've put together an animation with ArtRage, I'd very much love to see it!

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I've been working on something similar, some animation pencil-tests in artrage and simple backgrounds right now. lacking imageready I use a simple freeware program called Monkeyjam, and it works well because you can keep layers as layers(like backgrounds and other immobile objects) and construct a cell sequence like realtime animation.

Gallery
    View images
    Ok I see, thanks for the answers and tips, I'll check out Monkeyjam and Adobe Image ready for the capacity to batch save layers, I only have Photoshop Elements and I could'nt find that possibility in there.

Gallery
    View images
    I almost forgot, if you try something like monkeyjam, you'd need to export each individual layer(right click for the shortcut)as images and then load them in the sequence you want.

Gallery
    View images
    Here is something I do to extend animation capabilities. Export the painting as a photoshop file. Re- open in photoshop & save ( unfortunately this step has to be done cos After Effects does not recognize PSDs genereated from AR ). Open in Adobe After effects as a composition and offset the layers. The results look very impressive especially when animated transitions are added to each layer.

Works for me. Hope it will do for you too. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    I don't own After effects, I'm working with Moho, and from Photoshop elements, which I have, I'm not able to batch save the layers so it's just like saving each layer in AR.
    Thanks anyway for answering!