ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Drawing Circles Short Cut?

Drawing Circles Short Cut?

Hi,

In Art Rage Studio 3 I know I can draw a straight line by holding a modifier key while dragging.

Is there a way to do this when creating a circle? If so can someone tell me the key to hold down?

Thanks,
    Dave Z

Your best bet is to use a stencil.

I agree, stencil would be your best bet. There are several suitable stencils for making circles in the 'Shapes' stencil group - circle, circular rim and ellipses.

A useful trick is to put the stencil into Ruler Mode (it turns from red to grey) by right clicking the stencil and choosing the ruler mode option. This then allows you to paint/ink anywhere roughly over the stencil and the line will perfectly follow the edge of the stencil. (see page 89 of help file) You can also easily resize the stencil by holding the Alt key and dragging either left for smaller or right for bigger.

Two other ways I could think of are:

Use the selection tool and choose the ellipse option. The shift key will force the selection to become circular. You can then fill the selection to create a circle.

Another way is to paint a circle using the ink pen at say 500% with the pressure and aspect both set to 100% Then paint another circle at say 195% on top in a different colour. You may have to try a few times to get it exactly centred.

Hi Doc,
    Go underneath the crayon and click the square. Then go to the settings of this tool and you will see everything from a square to the magic wand. Choose the circle and walah! there you go!

Dear Alexandra, thank you so much, sure didn't know about this, xox