ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dread detail

Dread detail

Violence toward women is an issue that stirs very strong feelings in me, and an issue I want to deal with in a manner that is both sensitive and unflinching. In my career, I have seen the consequences of such violence up close far more times than I care to remember. In this image, I have tried to cast the shadow of the tormentor, not on the wall, but in the expression and posture of the victim.

The full image is posted here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=30862
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DreadCr.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	48144  

Doc, this painting can be twisted as sexy. I like what you are trying to say. Women and the weaker ones are being tortured one way or another, and the scars left behind are very difficult to heal, even after the physical scar is healed.

This reminds me off a case in one of the States, of a woman from Asia who was kept as sex slave. She ended up being shot to death at a Half-way house along with the so-called husband shot himself, leaving 2 helpless children.

The painting si well done though.

Very sad, but nicely painted picture.

Thank you for your comments. Sadly, Jasminek, there are those who find images of fear and pain "sexy". One thing I realized after the original posting was that the severity and extent of the injuries portrayed was not really visible at the posted resolution. The swollen lip, the bruises and scrapes on back and side all fade into the background. But then, I did not want to over-do. The evidence of abuse is often subtle.

Docsmith626 - One thing I realized after the original posting was that the severity and extent of the injuries portrayed was not really visible at the posted resolution. The swollen lip, the bruises and scrapes on back and side all fade into the background. But then, I did not want to over-do. The evidence of abuse is often subtle.

Docsmith626,
    The first thing I noticed in the descriptive detailing of your painting was
    in fact, the cuts, bruises and swollen mouth, sad evidence of abuse.
    No matter what the excuse, intolerance should always be the message
    wether it be against women, children, man or animal. A poignant and well
    painted piece.
    Mairzie Dotes

Most moving painting Doc, subtle and poignant
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

A striking vision again, dear Doc!
    I'm afraid that this theme is certainly much connected to disorders referred to the need of a distorded need to feel a high degree of power, a much general problem of interaction that creates violence.
    The truth is instead that rhe most is the power, the most should be the knowledge and the least the violence or rather it should be substituted by an inducing capability.
    The instictive reaction in front of any of such scene (especially for people who learned to appreciate and love the feminine part of the mankind which is the real pillar of life and love), would easily be to find and attack the guy and make him feel the same in a reverse play, but that would hardly be a "lesson", rather a more a sort of revenge almost as mindless as the state of who makes a deed like the one painted in here.
    Prevention and repression by law are certainly necessary, but their evolution and sophistication should be matched with a far better human and social education unfortunately becoming harder and harder in an age and places where people, often owning too many material goods answering fad needs, are actually more and more isolated individuals who don't share noble and creative common visions and projects (with reference to human sized communities), but just personal ambitions and wishes.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

very well painted Doc as for the rest Ceasar has said it all for me OK

Evil goes on and on doesn't it Doc? I also have worked in the medical field and have seen things that I wish that I hadn't. My tolerance for this crime is zero and since we have overcrowded prisons and so much crime in our country I would have a very simple sentence for these abusers.

A very sad and depressing subject, painted with skill and feeling.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: