ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Choose Colors From Tracing Image

Choose Colors From Tracing Image

Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to Artrage itself.
    I'm following the Artrage 2.5 Quickstart - painting a rose, and I am stuck at
    "Choose Colors from Tracing Image" step - I can't find this option under the color picker menu.

I'm, using Artrage 3.07 Professional Studio.
    Has it been removed or relocated ?

Thanks in advance.
    Carlo

Hi Carlo,

To see that option, you first need to load a tracing image. Click on the Tracing Pod above the colour picker to load the tracing image. By default, the colour picker will then have 'Using Trace Color. Click for normal color' overlaid on it. This is choosing colours from your tracing image.

It's possible to turn this mode off, so if that's been done, after loading a tracing image, click on the Tracing pod again, click the menu button and choose 'Automatically Choose colours from the Tracing Image'

A difference between ArtRage 2.x and Studio / Studio Pro is that the tracing image colour setting has been moved to the tracing panel.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design