ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old chap (in three parts)

Old chap (in three parts)

Hi all, just letting things doodle out over the ArtRage canvas without too much thought. If anything, aiming for a grungy, quirky style that doesnít look too digital.

Anyway, for no apparent reason, I did the picture in three parts. The third bit (the feet!) is not quite finished yet - the paint is still wet! Iíll post it here soon.

All the best, Jono

(Info: ink, watercolour, imported paper texture, layer blend modes. The building behind his head is a 500 point Webding character)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

some very interesting effects you have made in several areas... looking like watercolor and sometimes collage and sometimes felt pen. lots of stuff to look at. cool.

Thanks gzairborne.

Iím still experimenting with what I can do in ArtRage, and Iím not very disciplined at sticking to just one thing - hence the mixed media look of it

BTW I've just taken a quick look at your gallery - wow! You're the ArtRage master of styles and techniques. Beautiful work, especially the portraiture

I like him Jono. I like the texture and detail of the cloth and watercolor glazed treatment, and the colors. Great work.

neat work Jono, love the different techniques youve used, makes for a very interesting piece, im having fun dissecting it in my brain!!!

hi Juno don't no anything about Techniques but like the detail on the trouser's very realitic has he been wading in the Sea

What a fun way to have fun and get a good painting! Well done.

Jono, great work, and do like the textures

Thanks Jasminek, pat1940, and Sandy, for your comments - it means a lot.

LedZepLady - I hope the dissection went Ok! Because I tend to do things fairly randomly, sometimes even I'm only left with a rough idea how I did them

eighty+ - "wading in the sea" that gave me a real belly laugh. Thanks, just what the doctor ordered

I rarely print things nowadays, but have just printed this one off on glossy paper to put on the fridge. I boosted the saturation quite a bit to bring out the browns and his ArtRage green tie! Very nice

Interesting work,full of character.