ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Flip / Rotate for Selection?

Flip / Rotate for Selection?

I know in Photoshop there is a way I can only rotate a selected area. I'm looking to see if there is a way to accomplish this in ArtRage 3 pro. If not, I'll live with it, but it would be an awesome thing for the purposes of symmetry.

Thanks!

Select soomething with Selection Toll and transform (resize&rotate) it with Transform Tool
    Quite easy, huh?

Here goes The Obvious Screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	48032  

Once the transformation box is around the selection you'll need to hit the "H" key to flip it Horizontally and the "V" key to flip it Vertically.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Okay, that is easy! But can I only flip, or can I rotate to say 35 degrees? If so, how?

Thanks!

Basically you do the same thing I showed you in your other thread about scaling a stencil, except once you've selected the area with the Transformation box you move the cursor over the lines of the box and when you see the circular arrow, push your pen down (or left click your mouse) and drag (see image below).

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.