ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet Pressure Support

Tablet Pressure Support

Does ArtRage support or are there plans to support multiple pressures from Wacam tablets and devices that support pressures?

I think this would be awesome, as in real life when I paint a stroke, I can vary the pressure to achieve different effects.

Thank you!

ArtRage currently supports pressure. If you're having problems with pressure, let us know what input device you're using, and what operating system you're using and we'll see what we can do to help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm using a Wacom Intous 3 tablet under Windows 7 Ultimate.

Would the pressure sensitivity be affected by using the Pressure only at 50% on my tool?

If you're not getting pressure sensitivity, then that would tend to indicate a problem, as I use a similar setup here successfully.

Here's a quick check for you: Select the oil brush. Open 'Settings' and click the 'reset' button to use default settings. Make sure that the tool size is reasonably large. Paint a stroke of paint on your canvas and vary the pressure. You should see the paint stroke respond to the changes in pressure.

Does that work for you? If so, and if you're not getting an expected result with another tool, let me know the details. If you don't see any pressure at all when doing the test above, let me know and I can troubleshoot it with you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It's working fine now. I guess I wasn't pressing down hard enough on the pen.

BTW, do the nibs need replacing every so often? I don't know if it's just me, or me getting used to working with the tablet and pen, I constantly have the urge to go sharpen my pen! It feels like a dull pencil. LOL

Glad to hear it's working ok for you. You can set the sensitivity / softness of your tablet in the Wacom control panel if you want a softer feel to the tip which makes it easier to get high pressure behavior with more gentle pressure on the tablet.

It's definitely an different feel at first, working with a tablet stylus instead of a pencil of pen, but it starts to feel more normal over time. The Intuos nibs are pretty durable I believe, but you can replace it when it gets worn. Check your documentation for guidelines on that, it shouldn't be rough or scratchy. Also, if you give the tip a more sensitive / softer feel in the Wacom control panel, that should help with wear as you won't need to press as hard.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by Senkusha View Post
    BTW, do the nibs need replacing every so often?
    Yes they do, though not as often on the intuos 3 product line as on the intuos 4 product line. You can buy packs of replacement nibs from wacom, amazon and other suppliers for up to around $10 a five pack (depending on the type of nib). Just pop 'intuos 3 replacement nibs' in your search engine to find them
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)