ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom to Worship

Freedom to Worship

Hi,

This painting is done with oil, knife and airbrush. Reference pictures were several.

In the mornings, in Loas, Thailand, Burma, Sri Lanka and even in some places in the States, and England (when the weather is warm), the Buddhist monks go out to receive the alms. They are not begging as many people assume, ones must ask them to stop so that ones could donate food by putting them in the bowls they carry. After the giving is done, they would pray for your health and generosity. The purpose is to let people learn how to give, and when ones do good things in the mornings, usually believe that the rest of the days should be good.

I tried to capture the monk who paddles because his temple is by a canal or river. It is a traditional way to do that if there are people along the canals or rivers, a monk will have the duty to go get alms. .In short wherever people are a monk is supposed to get there in order to give people a chance to do merit.

The young lady in my painting depicts her praying before giving alms to the coming monk. I painted her simply to practice my skill in painting an ear; it took me a long time to turn from a dirty ear to what you see. Still need more practice.

Any comment and advice is truly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freedom to Worship.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	47920  

Theese might pass as two pictures, Jasmine, one a monk on the rivier and second the girl,praying.Light, airy compo, very pleasant. The ear looks fine to me... a bit large... but otherwise looking as an ear. I do not like to paint the ears at all...:-)

A new interpretation of the four freedoms illustrated by Norman Rockwell I'd say. Very nice and delicate! Into this freedom there should be also the freedom to change faith and to have the same rights no matter what You belief, I would add, not a quite widespread universal principle this far, alas ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very well done Jasmine. Fine job of creating the movement of the Buddist Priest paddling down the
    river..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

The message is clear; well executed with cool composition and Color!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Hello Jasmin Jas does that same freedom apply to those who don't

belive????? as for ear's there so many type's there's no need to worry , I'm jealous of your water looks pefect congrats

--------------E/S

I agree with AT TA this would make two really strong paintings. The monk in the boat is the most delightful part to me and how you painted the water. The profile of the lady praying is also very beautiful.

Jasmine, lovely painting, your express your art so well

A wonderful, meaningful painting Jasmine
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307