ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need a wider Color Picker

Need a wider Color Picker

The vertical bar of the color picker where you select the intensity of the color is too narrow. This is a problem for small tablets used with the bigger computer screens.

With a small tablet and a big computer screen, it is hard to hit in such as small area. It usually takes a few trys.

Students often have a 4 by 5 art tablet with a 20+ inch screen. (Don't ask why! That is just the way it is.)
    Robert Elliott Purser
    Instructor
    Wikiversity
    WikiU Film School
    r_elliott at innercite.com
    http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/filmmaking

This one actually gives me trouble using my Cintiq. I tend to grab the mouse for that function which breaks workflow. This has been discussed in a previous thread.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Not just wider - longer for more accuracy

Having worked with the color pickers for a while now, I have a few suggestions:
    1 - move the side picker to the outer rim of the quarter sphere to increase it's lenght and make it more accurate especially when selecting hues- (the yelow and orange end of the spectrum is too tight a space right now.)
    2 - in the HS-L picker, move the gray colors to the outside - these broken colors are the colors most often used in painting (other than abstracts) it would make them easier to select accurately

I don't use the LH-S much. It seems counterintuitive to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I like that idea.

Yes, this is an excellent idea. This method by ldifraia is easy to understand and should be easy to make selctions. Also, because the length is increased, more accurate color selection should be possible with this method.
    Robert Elliott Purser
    Instructor
    Wikiversity
    WikiU Film School
    r_elliott at innercite.com
    http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/filmmaking