ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traditional painting.

Traditional painting.

I learned to draw with my late father as a teenager. At that time I also began to deal with the colors and paint. When I entered the university in another field of knowledge, the art of painting was as if frozen in my intentions. Now, many years later, semi-retired, I see, with much enthusiasm the opportunity to paint again.

This landscape is a mountainous village in central Brazil, a place we called an end of line.

Oil painting, WN Winton colors, 15.7 x 11.8 in, toned canvas using raw sienna and yellow ocher. Photos taken with a digital camera, daylight ambient, 200ASA and f8.0.

The opportunity to study the colors and mixtures and blending of colors in ArtRage led me back to that time. I hope you all like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lima_2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	47825  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

...............and.........................some details. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

First word comes in mind dear Oriane, that is "fantastic".

My experience is similar to yours, loved painting a bit when little, went to school in science and linguistics, ended up retired as a Computer Config. Manager (Computer Scientist) but painting has always in the back of my mind. It haunts me that once every few years in the past, I had to paint.

You and I are lucky that we have this apportunity to paint! Very well done on this painting, we always can learn things from everywhere.

This is just BEAUTIFUL!

Awesome!!!!
    Great work oriane.

Just beautiful Oriane! I love the detail shots showing the brush work and paint mixing. Glorious! Al

Just wonderful, Oriane! I'm always seeing where someone who paints traditionally, and switches to digital is concerned about that transition. As if you don't bring that same skill set to this medium. It has been incredibly beneficial to me to take what I've learned from digital, and applied to traditional. And, quite obviously, this works for you and your art, too.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

orianelima,
    Hadn't thought of taking a vacation today but when seeing "Traditional"
    I immediately became blissfully lost in this place, leisurely taking a stroll
    through this lovely location, even stopping to rest at the fence for
    awhile and enjoy the afternoon, the sunshine and beautiful view. You
    overwhelm me with your artistry, love of the simple things and presenting
    them in terms of painted treasures to be embraced and enjoyed.
    Absolutely and positively breathtaking!

Mairzie Dotes

Tu historia acerca del arte pictórico y tu padre es muy similar a mi historia personal..
    Recién cuando descubrí las posibilidades de la computación y encontré casi de casualidad Art Rage en un diario argentino, he vuelto a pintar como lo hice en mi juventud...
    Tu óleo es hermoso!

Your story about the art of painting and your father is very similar to my story ..
    Just when I discovered the possibilities of the computer and found Art Rage almost by accident in an Argentine newspaper, I've been painted as I did in my youth ...
    Your oil is very beautiful!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Orianelima, you are truly a master in any medium! This is a beautiful painting! I tip my hat to you sir I always look forward to seeing your paintings.Brilliant.
    You can see more of my work at http://krasched.deviantart.com/.
    IMAGINATION IS EVERYTHING-Einstein
    See you space cowboy..........