Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWs UPDATE: Africa is shooting Hurricanes at us

Gallery
    View images

Exclamation NEWs UPDATE: Africa is shooting Hurricanes at us

Hi all,

Well, Africa is mad at us I guess, again. They are shooting hurricanes at us one after another. MON we surrender! We are looking at possibly a cat 3 over us (Hurricane Earl), whew I hope not. My sailboat and I are ready now as we can be. Whatever happens will.

If it is really bad here on St. John, USVI.......we will lose all power and landline phones /cells /inet and all the mountain roads will be closed for 1-2 weeks. We Pray.

So, having said that all I can do is wait and see and deal with it as it comes at me. We have a very small village here around the harbor and everyone is shutting down and locking up. It is just me and Indies Gal now (my sailboat). OK see ya when I can....... Wish me luck and hope for the best. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Bobbyray
    Last edited by Bobbyray; 09-13-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Gallery
    View images

Gallery
    View images
    Hang in there Bobby!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Gallery
    View images

Update 5pm Sun

Hi again

Thanks much.... we just got the latest 5pm official reports..RUN!!!...We are looking at a cat 3.... 155mph-170mph gusts just north of us as the hurricane builds and curves slightly northwesterly. DOH..... Mon. We hope it stays on that path and not a direct hit to us in any of the Leeward Islands . We will luckily be on the southern part of the hurricane so that is good news as the NE side is the BAD NEWS zone.

It is proposed that it will become a cat 4 after it leaves our area and heads for the NW.....um thats toward the US east coast. We don't know as they have a habit of turing around and coming back too. Ahhh da paaaaain. The entire village (Coral Bay) is shut down now for a week at least. We shall see. Oh well so is life in Paradise.....lol

And then there is another one coming too. Same path....and bigger. What is a sailor to do??? Head south? Honker down? Rough it out? Decisions decisions......ah I am stayin and honkering down. Gee I hope that is the right thing to do. Well, here I am. Here I stay. IN Paradise.

Thanks for the kind words and tuning in.
    Be back when it is possible..... Bobbyray

Gallery
    View images
    Please keep us posted Bobby and you are more important than any material thing, please find a safe place!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Alexandra......

Here is the latest image.....I am signing off now. I will try to update tomorrow if at all possible. We are already feeling the lightly gusting winds and the rains are coming. The clouds look very mean.

We are survivors. We the people of Paradise.....not to worry.

Bobbyray
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    So BobbyRay are you OK?
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    I hope and pray all goes well for you Bobby...

I live in Atlantic Canada and we are slatted for hurricane Earl to hit Nova Scoita on Saturday. Could be a cat 2....Hurricane Fiona is on Earl's coat tails and may hit us as well...

I hate hurricanes....

Gallery
    View images

Thumbs up We are Ok

Hi all,

Wo.....I am Alive....! That was beyond belief and even my imagination. We lost so many boats on St. John. All piled up on each other and smashed. Some areas were hit harder but our harbor we had all boats with a deck-mast.....de masted and about 5 broke loose and all the dingys were beat up badly. We have two sailboats on shore. 70mph winds, gusts-100mph ad a 4-6' waves...and also thousands of those little waterspouts trying to form or whirlwinds and they were crazy slamming the boats from every direction. The Feeder band was so bad....arrrgh. We are all ok though and now it is clean up time As most trees near any shore line are down. We just got inet back this am. I heard that about 1 mile from us all the trees are down on the side of bordeau mountain to the beach about 2 miles down x 2 miles across.

Fiona headed north....wow thanks...and now another storm is headed our direction.....

So I will be a little busy for a while.....helping out the (Neighbor) hood.
    OK, gotta run for now.....ow I AM SO SORE. beat up a lot but ok. I may write a story of all that happened later... it is unbelievable. doh.

Bobbyray

Gallery
    View images
    Boobyray, it is good to know that you are ok. Please take care of yourself and the loved ones.