ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About ArtRage (some cuestions)

About ArtRage (some cuestions)

Hi,...

This is my very day here. I open this account in order to see and comment some of the marvellous work around here.

I have some doubt concerning to the capabilities of this software: are all of this paintings and works done with this artrage? I found it almost brilliant that something digital could imitate so well the brushes of a real work on oil canvas. Are you all professionals of traditonal painting? If not you are just amazing!

My other question is related to the digital-table or mouse used to work with the PC. Is it possible to work with an ordinary mouse for making such a beautiful work?
    And my lest question. Is it possible to have a picture, open it on artrage, edit it (or should i say paint it changing colours, adding new things, etc.), and them print it for future work on real canvas?.

(I have asked this same questions to another person here on this forum but I don't know when is he coming back to read it so i think it would be quicker doing so here)

Thank you. I will be waiting for an answer, and by the way is there a manual or something from where i could have other questions answered?

Sincerely

kaiko
    Last edited by kaiko; 08-27-2010 at 07:06 AM.

It is allowed only to post works done in ArtRage, so yes, they're all done in it (or some parts might be done in other software, but authors usually mention that)
    Well... you can learn to draw with a mouse, but it's quite hard and uncomfortable, so requires time and patience to become good at it
    Yes, you can print your drawings, and open different images in ArtRage to edit them (Import/Export)

Try out ArtRage by downloading the demo-version and then decide if you want to buy it (YOU WANT IT!)
    http://www.artrage.com/artragedemo.html
    Last edited by Null; 08-27-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Hello there.

To my knowledge, all of the paintings on here were completed with Artrage or tweaked with it in a larger or smaller degree. Some people will complete them here and then take them to another art program to add in highlights or effects that are more easily accomplished in the older digital media programs. Or they will start them as real works and finish them in this program. Some, such as myself, have not opened up any other art program since finding this one. I do traditional arts and digital and I am not professional. All of my artworks were created in Artrage.

It's different for each individual, but Artrage is a major player in all the works you will find here. The skills range from some who are just learning to others who are already professional. There are traditional artists and digital-only artists. Really it is a very wide spread and wonderful community we have here.

I believe there are a few artists in the gallery who use a mouse. I find the tablet to be easier to manipulate, but it is certainly possible to create with a mouse only. There are people who use Artrage as a tool to help them with traditional works, like you've mentioned. I also think that you could do what you're asking about with painting on top of photos. There is a tracing function and you can import images into the program and manipulate them. I am not experienced in that though, so that may be better answered by someone else.

I am not sure if there is a place with frequently asked questions, but there are many tutorials here. The program is very easy to use and learn, I would definitely try the demo as poster above said and see if it is what you need.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by MJSparks; 08-27-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiko View Post
    I have some doubt concerning to the capabilities of this software: are all of this paintings and works done with this artrage? I found it almost brilliant that something digital could imitate so well the brushes of a real work on oil canvas.
    That's its main focus. Some paintings here involve other software, typically the artist will mention that though. You will find this typically is done for postprocessing not directly related to painting, e.g. adjusting colour balance. Although AR3 can do that too these days.

My other question is related to the digital-table or mouse used to work with the PC. Is it possible to work with an ordinary mouse for making such a beautiful work?
    Yes but you need considerable talent or/and practice. It's not a fast track to artistic genius, just a very good tool.

And my lest question. Is it possible to have a picture, open it on artrage, edit it (or should i say paint it changing colours, adding new things, etc.), and them print it for future work on real canvas?.
    There are companies that will print your pictures on canvas, regardless of how you created them. Artrage can import and export a number of common file formats.

Note that you can download the Artrage Starter Edition for free from the main web site. It's missing a lot of features but it should give you a good first impression.

Thank you so much for all the comments!

I can see you have a good forum around here. I am also participating on a Spanish forum, and I understand how lovely it is when we got an answer from several members.

Well, my doubts have all gone. In fact I am intending to buy the software, but i will certainly come here later to announce it. Still I am doing an small research in order to finish my inquires.

Thank you once again, Null, Magen and Danny

It is possible to paint and draw by mouse. I used to even be able to write in cursive using a mouse. In art school they had as tape charcoal to a wood block or long stick to draw sometimes so as to promote drawing from the shoulder rather than by the wrist. I think there are some famous "mouth painters" who paint with the brush or draw with the pencil in the mouth due to physical disability. A tablet is very nice for the pressure sensitivity and they may be found at about $30US used and $99US new but you can get started certainly painting only by mouse. I find painting by touch pad as opposed to touch screen or mouse nearly impossible though personally. Zooming in can help at first with control when starting to paint by mouse.

kaiko, you will not be disappointed in AR3 at all. It is intuative and easy to learn yet powerful enough to practically anything you'd ask of it. I've tried Painter, Corel Draw and Photoshop. For my money, ArtRage is sufficient for me needs right now.
    Darryl Elliott

Facebook Fan Page

Thank you Regn and momo! That thing of working with the mouse helped me to understand that I can actually use it. The tablet is a bit too expensive for my incomes.

I was searching around here and asking some questions. If you like you can see my oil paint on internet. www buscandoverdades com . You will notice that I love to paint a detailed painting, like a realistic paint, but I would also like to try to paint buildings straight lines, etc... and so my questions were in order to understand the power of this software in order to fulfil my needs.

Do you know what? For almost a week i almost got crazy searching on internet for a special program that would allowed me to do the following: to do my artistic work in detail (that is very important) like adding new objects, colours, etc to a letīs say a photo, making a new one out of it and ALSO taken objects and ideas from others aswell, getting a all new one, and them print it and have it saved for my next traditional oil paint...

( i need to take those additional parts/objects/ideas from another reference for I do not feel comfortable taking objects from my imagination and for that reazon i was willing to give BLENDER or even HOUDINI a try for i thought that, as they are both 3D programs, they would helped me to "draw" such objects and them print it for later to paint a real canvas.

Thank you both of you

I use only ArtRage Studio Pro 3, for all of my artwork. It is the best software I know. And it works with almost all of the photoshop filters, if you are into that.
    There is a truckload of tutorials for free on this forum, and if you still needs help, the members here are so nice, you are bound to get help very soon after you posted your question.

Have fun with it, that's why this software is made
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thank you Hanzz.

It is a glad news to know that, because using just one program capable of handling most things is a must.

I will be back here to let you know if I have some doubts.