ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paper Umbrella Making

Paper Umbrella Making

Hi,

In the world where ones can hardly use paper umbrellas in practical world, there exist many places which make and do well in producing them. Of course they canít just make umbrellas, the paper which are produced from local trees, are made into umbrellas, other items of souvenirs, boxes, gift wrap papers, etc.

The most benefits people gain from the local factories like this is that they donít have to leave home to look for jobs.

In this painting I try to show one of the processes of making umbrellas. This lady covers the bamboo frame with paper and gluing them down and she is in the process of hardening the paper so that it became water resistant. After this, all they have to do is paint whatever on the umbrella.

Any advice and comments are always welcome.

Reference photo is mine taken in 1993. Sticker for pebbles and grass are used. Thanks to people who made those stickers and brushes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Umbrella Making, Thailand.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	47714  

Well done, Jasminek. It speaks for itself!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

I have one of these umbrellas Jasmine, and love it even more now that I have read your story and viewed your painting.

Interesting story and pleasant work on this picture, Jasmine. So warm and outreaching, if you know what i mean. And you are getting better and better and that i like also.:-)

Dear Jasmine this of course is so beautiful and what a wonderful story, you have quite a beautiful collection of your own oriental art, how priceless is that

Another great work Jasmin. Beautiful.

Another delightful painting Jasmine
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks to all of you for the encouraging comments.

Another fine addition to your series of local color paintings! I like this one a lot.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Simply wonderful Jasmine... Your paintings and the background information that you provide with him, are so interesting, and so well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: