ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: tools not acting as expected sometimes

tools not acting as expected sometimes

hi, im new to the forum, and just started using artrage in the last couple of weeks and i love it!

i am up and running on it already mostly, its straightforward enough, but i have a small issue...

sometimes if i select a specific tool, say a crayon, the crayon effect might not work, and it just comes out as if i am using an ink pen or whatever. when this happened i found it would act like a crayon on some layers, or in some groups but not others... is just just a bug, or is it fixable? or does everything in a single group have to have the same tool use or something??

thanks

Matt

Check the texture of the surfaces you're working. Chalk and crayon need some texture to show well.

It could be from changing around your layer texture settings. Even if you have the Canvas set to use a rough texture grain, if the layer has its setting for "Roughness" set low or at zero, the texture will be less likely to appear on that layer.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thanks, it was indeed the layer roughness, i didnt realise layers have their own roughness, i guess maybe 0 is default or something..

Artrage will use the texture settings from the previous layer when you add a new layer, so if you create a document with a normal canvas and say 50% roughness, then add a new layer, it'll carry those settings across. If you manually change the canvas settings for a layer, then add a new layer above it, it will also inherit the settings of the previous layer. That's the automatic behavior anyway. I hope that's of some use.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design