ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lag again

Lag again

Hi,

I'm using the oil paint tool and when I zoom in, I discovered that it was difficult to paint tiny strokes because the lag prevents the stroke from starting at the clic point. You cannot start a line from the clic point, you have to start it a bit ahead otherwise there is nothing between the clic and the start of the stroke (after the lag).

To illustrate that I made a video where I'm trying to make a spiral with each stroke starting from the end of the last stroke : it's impossible.

http://dqueffeulou.free.fr/imgweb/arlag2.mov

So detail painting is very difficult while zooming.
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo

Thanks for posting the video, that let me replicate the problem. It relates to the brush head shape and something we're looking in to in relation to that. Because you're at 1% size and there's little detail in there, switch to the Square brush head and the stroke will work correctly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Yes it works with the square brush.
    Thanks for the tip.
    AR 3.0.8/MacBookPro 2.4Ghz 4Gb RAM/NVidia 8600M GT 256Mb/MacOS 10.6.4/Wacom Bamboo