ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Short Stop

A Short Stop

Here's a little friend of mine, so bold and beautiful. He knows that I am in love with him.

All oils, background in oil and knife. 3 layers. All Artrage3Pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lovly pic; do u realy get birds like that in your garden u should b so lucky Alex

E+, they are everywhere here! I live in a pecan orchard out in a rural area. In a big pecan tree next to my house is a huge nest of them. I have two feeders, and cannot keep them full. Also my rose of sharons are in full bloom and they love them as well! When I go to feed them, they will land on my shoulder if I wear a bright color.

Wow Alexandra! Lovely painting of the hummingbird! I love the colors you used and the detail in the feathers...beautiful!

I only have a couple of them here. There is even a pecan tree next door but actually close to my house...no nest in there though. I need to feed them again...so far this year it has been too hot...in the 100's most of the time. When they come they do like the honeysuckle right next to the house.

Hi Linn, same here. Triple digits. I make sure that my feeders are in the front and back. It is a pain to clean and sterilize them, but they are worth it. I appreciate your kind comment, thank you!

He is gorgeous dear Sandy I have fave'd him on DA already brilliant
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Thanks so much Amanda! And thanks for the fav too! I know they go to so many places, and there are so many different breeds, but he is my favorite!

Wonderful job Sandy! The little bird....the background, and the limb... I like them all.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

What a presentation of the lovely bird. We have bird feeder in the back yard converted from children's swing the last owner left. Hummingbirds do come by, but none has this beautiful colors like this one. Not prejudice, we welcome every one of them. We have more crows this year for some reason.

Love this bird you have painted so well.

Sandra, love your hummingbird, and I am so jealous, we have only seen the hummingbird once this year, have no idea why, I have honesuckle in yard and flowers but this year no hummingbirds