ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landscape

Landscape

I ought to leave landscapes at home. I do better with them in pastel (chalk brush) in digital art than I do in oil brush. I will keep playing though...maybe a bristle brush next time. This one I just used available sticker sprays to doctor it up.

Name:  Rocky-RiverWC.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  59.9 KB

Linn, this is very nice, I do really like the large rock

would like to see your old pastel work if Poss; this one is so close!! but not happy with sticker's

The water is great.

Your outcome is very nice!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks for the comments everyone! What I need to do is start over with AR and pretend I never discovered some things...at least for now. I got the program the middle of April and it was my first time ever doing digital art. Years ago I did oils...started painting in oils and then did watercolor. Right before I quit doing anything for about a year I did pastels and then I decided they were too dirty. I haven't done that many digital paintings and when I started used the chalk because I was used to pastels. I tried the oils once or twice at first until recently and couldn't discover how to use them the way I did traditional oils. I think I need to try simpler landscapes and maybe use the bristle brush for trees...will try it next.

Linn, I have the same problem. I used to paint water colour since I was little, quit for over 20 years, then started on acreylic about 9 years ago, quit, the last one was paintied on 2003, the year I took early retirement. Got ArtRage in the end of last year, painted a couple, quit, just started again a couple months ago.

I do relate to technique in real life, my problem has been confusing with the brushes. Brush heads are nice, but I don't want to lose certain knowledge of how to paint certain things, catch 22 for me.

Happy painting Linn.

Lovely painting Linn, I like the rocks and think it would be a good place to sit and ponder. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Linn,
    A beautiful setting, a place to linger and reflect. Love those
    refreshing colors and water.
    Mairzie Dotes