ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need help with paper texture/ shading

Need help with paper texture/ shading

I am full of questions it seems! I am using artrage for fabric designsand I am experiencing a problem. I am trying to get a seamless repeat but no matter what I do some thing with the paper texture or lighting makes the bottom of my painting darker or more textured than the top.

If you can see in this example
    www spoonflower dot com fabric /313422 youll have to squish it together because I can't post links

Even though the page was sprayed or rollered in the same color throughout it looks uneven when exported.

I need a solid background and even texture.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Oh I am using artrage 2 with a mac and a wacom

ArtRage uses special 3D light rendering to create the canvas texture and certain textures seen in the strokes of the tools. This can be turned off by hitting the F5 key on your keyboard, but you'll loose the visual textures of the grain on the canvas (the tools will still interact with them, but the 3d effect will be lost). Here is a side by side example:

Name:  f5light.png
Views: 483
Size:  281.6 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

OH thank you!!!! I don't want the texture for what I am working on right now, this is so perfect. Your awesome for giving such quick help!

Oh it worked it worked! yeay! Thanks again!

No problem
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.