ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help Wanted: Illistrator

Help Wanted: Illistrator

Hi Friends,
    My daughter has several ideas for children's books and needs an illustrator. It's not my kind of art so I'm reaching out to the community. Frankly, there is no guarantee of monetary gain for you or for her; it's just a project with potential at this point.
    If this is something you might be interested in looking further into, please PM me with your email addy and I'll put you in touch.
    Thanks,
    Bob

If you hope to publish these books, you should know that publishers generally prefer to choose their own illustrators, rather than go with the ones that the authors (including would-be authors) might bring. The only exception is when the author and the illustrator are the same person.

It may be better for you to submit the manuscript(s) to publishers without illustrations, as is the accepted practice in the industry. I recommend getting a copy of a current writer market guide, and checking the details within.

Thank you Arenhaus; I appreciate your input and the interesting information. At this point, the plan is to only publish online. I think she's in communication with our fellow Rager, Cedric Trojani. She very much liked what she saw on his web site.