ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What is the origin of knowledge of the colors of the program? Addendum

What is the origin of knowledge of the colors of the program? Addendum

There is a fantastic interview with MattRage in the ARTRAGEUS E-Magazine - Feb 2010, made by Eileen724. However. I have a curiosity, and I think everyone here has too. The interview was quite clear as to the beginning, the idea ... It is true that the knowledge you have of computer science, is beyond our comprehension. But how you developed the colors, what were the sources of knowledge that you utilized, ya took courses in painting, colors, pigments, etc... how it originated this fantastic knowledge? I apologize if this subject has already been treated previously in a thread, but I couldnt find it.
    Last edited by Lima; 08-21-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Drawing is "the melody" of the visual art and the colors are "the harmony". "The harmony" gives the moods or impressions of the moment but only "the melody" is able to unfold the whole story. Therefore, in most cases, it is important to have a balance between the two. ArtRage2, did not have this balance. The advent of ArtRage3 was a giant step in the system, both in relation to melody and harmony.

The improved system of colors and blending of colors of AR3 exceeded the foresight of AndyRage "Yeah, color mixing is a dark art". What happened since then transformed the story and materialized into reality, the thought of...DaveRage: "I remember coming back from a short evening painting course a while back where I'd found I had a wonderful ability to mix random colours together to end up with varying shades of "mud", often in quite unexpected ways, and we were all discussing the possibility of having the option of natural colour mixing in ArtRage at some point. It's definitely a very different model, with its own challenges in real life. I hope some day to actually get the hang of the real thing!"

With AR3, not only was a fantastic advance and improvement of the drawing tools, but also. is the most perfect system of mixing colors, obtained by computer science.

See Phil's thread here
    Last edited by Lima; 08-21-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Dear Orian, love to read such thoughts, thank you!!! understanding how ArtRage works would be so nice, but am just glad that it does, sometimes, maybe a lot of us do it, but sometimes when its quiet, just mixing the colors amazes me! it's a terrific thing! xox

Quote Originally Posted by orianelima View Post
    Drawing is "the melody" of the visual art and the colors are "the harmony". "The harmony" gives the moods or impressions of the moment but only "the melody" is able to unfold the whole story. Therefore, in most cases, it is important to have a balance between the two. ArtRage2, did not have this balance. The advent of ArtRage3 was a giant step in the system, both in relation to melody and harmony.
    This is a wonderful acknowledgement and compliment to the AR team from you Oriane and I whole heartedly agree with you. To me, AR3 has provided an endless (literally) selection of color and blending. More than I could probably explore or utilize (or understand) in a lifetime of painting. I have been on a quest now for quite a while to understand more about color and ALL of it's effects on the artwork we create - From mood - to lighting - to movement - to just pure interest. Color IS the harmony in a lot of the artwork we create and AR3 has provided a wonderful tool to tap into its power.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Lee, for sure. What you said is very true. I always do this, I'm am always experimenting with color ... I have a lot of saved ptg files, and I do not know what to do with them. I'll have to find some free time to review what were my intentions and what results I obtained, or else to simply delete a bunch of them. But certainly, I'll keep doing this for the simple and pure enjoyment of mixing colors. I hope, really, that the correct colors, subliminally enter into my brain, so that one day I can improvise with them as a jazz jam section. Ha ha ha. At least I hope.

Eddie, thanks for the comment. Undoubtedly You are right. The AR3 system of mixing and blending colors is revolutionary. Full, accurate, modern, unequaled ... a powerful tool for the study of colors. It is possible to mix any color ... exactly, getting any value and shade and light, such as proposed by Munsell. For these aspects of accuracy, the program becomes a perfect instrument and a didactic tool for teaching colors, at any level: from school children to the academy of art.