ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Space boors

Space boors

I resumed an old sketch of mine I posted among the WIPs as a possible work.
    Here it is. It's substantially a story telling scene with somehow emphasized characters (I eventually didn't make recourse to humanoids and other intelligent alien types ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space boors.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	47519  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I must have missed this in the WIP section but it is another excellent illustration from you - Master of anatomy and expression. Ceasar, when you find the time, I would love to see a human figure tutorial from you on proportion and dynamic posing. This has always been an area in need of improvement for me. Well done my friend!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Great piece of work Caesar, whats not to like, gees that guy sure as muscles

Hahaha..you have a great sense of humour Caesar.I think the little old man might be jealous of the two young bucks? Could have lots of meanings

Hehe fantastic illustration Cesare
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

What a lovely friendly group you have there Cesare. Its great
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

nicely done Caesare! Quite a story there I bet.

OK. It was also, in a way, an experiment to understand whether and to what extent a wordless vignette could be undrstood from different mates in different places.
    HERE'S the widest possible "reading" for me.
    I'd try then try to solve what can possibly be the story characters may be playing from poses and expressions.
    The may scene represent two joking impudent rascal (most probably space sailors) who are amused by the sight of such a disproportioned couple (in many ways) passing by. They are thus talking softly between them mocking the mature, rich, respectable gentleman while the sitting one states some rude appreciation and invitation for a drink to the lady.
    The man, unwilling to come to un unequal physical confrontation, is somehow protecting and driving away the lady (he's probably jealous too) and thinking how he could have them repaid by means of his important leverages. The lady could be either his daughter, but also, a too young wife who, on her turn, shows to be shocked by the improper behaviour of the two (but maybe also admired by the guys vigorous look and audacity and even secretely pleased by their appreciation and the idea that some other young and better looking old fox like them may one day be attracted by and tempt her so openly).

Dear Sketch, You ask from me a tutorial on two subjects that took years to me (and a born with attitude and passion) to improve by studies and excercises. I'm not sayng I will not provide, as soon as I wil be able, a number of indications, working suggestions and considerations thereabout, even some visual examples, but an exhaustive tutorial thereabout would take two books at least (provided I'm that good as an expert). You don't show to be new at all to these topics and You already master them in my view (which is not implying I'm not willing to do what You asked for).
    Anyways I'm absolutely flattered by Your words and heartfeltly thank You!

Dear Sandra, I think I fulfilled Your kind request hereabove. I wonder what was Your interpretation before these clues. Thank You!

So, dear Pat, You felt a little bit in the lady's shoes and Your measured shock was just exteriorly shown, but not so much felt ... Thank You!

Dear SCP, You were on target and the rest of a possible and credible story thereabout is just above. As You see, images may convey synthetically and without translation need a quite complex situaltion in almost all its elements even speechlessly. Thank you!

I'm glad You found this vignette amusing, dear Amanda. Therefore I bet You interpreted it quite correctly. Thank You.

Dear Katie, they actually are possibly not really friendly with each other and someone would like to get more friendly, someone got certainly much less so .... anyway it's funny for sure form our standpoint. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Albert! You're right and You won Your bet (see above). Glad You're back in here after some time!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!