ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Novice Question on coloring after inking a sketch

Novice Question on coloring after inking a sketch

Hi,

Been watching drawing tutorials on the net and was wondering if I can do this with Art Rage. I have version 2.5.

I noticed that when watching these tutorials when they start to color their sketch the color seems to says "inside of the lines of their sketch".

Do you know how they are doing this? Can it be done with Art Rage or am I misunderstanding what they are doing?

Thanks so much!
    Dave

Hi Dave!

If you're colouring on a separate layer to your linework, you can set the layer blend mode to 'Tint' or 'Multiply' which will prevent your lines being obscured by colour that you place on the new layer.

Otherwise, if you want to colour inside the lines, I generally apply the colour on a separate layer as above, then tidy up the areas where my colour overlapped too far, via the eraser tool when I'm done. Let me know if I've misunderstood, I hope that's of some help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thanks Dave another cog in place regards ATplus

There's more for you to learn about ArtRage here
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Filling in color on a lined sketch.

Line work is on top layer. Layer is set to multiply. Basically this lets the whites become transparent. Put the Color layer below the line work layer. You can paint up to and under the line work. The line work on the layer above will cover any color below it, but the white areas will display your color.