ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help needed using wacom tablet

Help needed using wacom tablet

hi all.
    I am a newbie, search inept, and in need of quick help.

I just bought a wacom tablet to use with artrage and when i try to use it a yellow page pops up and it doodles on that instead of controlling the tools in artrage. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, and welcome to the forums. It sounds like the Tablet PC input panel ( a part of Windows relating to handwriting recognition ) is getting involved, instead of allowing you to paint directly in ArtRage.

If the information below doesn't help, please let us know:

-What version of ArtRage you're using
    -What version of Windows you're using
    -The type of Wacom tablet.

I'd recommend downloading the latest version of the Wacom tablet software from www.wacom.com. If you have an old version of the tablet software, remove it, restart your computer and install the version you downloaded, then restart again to make sure you're up to date.

If you have no need for the TabletPC input panel, you can uninstall it like this:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Uninstall Programs ( Windows Vista ) or Programs and Features ( Windows 7 ).
    3. In the left pane, click Turn Windows Features On Or Off.
    4. Clear the Tablet PC Optional Components check box.
    5. Click OK.
    6. When prompted, click Restart Now and let your computer restart.

I hope that's of some help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design