ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: lost drawing

lost drawing

hi just done a drawing this morning was going to post but had to go to the loo on coming back window's had done a up date and it was on a restart when looking for drawing no joy gone now is it tucked away somewhere or has it gone into the blue yonder thanks for replylo

If the file had been previously saved, it should still exist in its previous location. However, if the file hadn't been saved, ArtRage attempts to save a painting file called arrestart.ptg if it crashes or is forced to close to your user data folder in Windows. You can check if this file exists:

Windows XP - Choose 'Run' from your Start Menu and enter 'application data'. A window should open. Open the Ambient Design folder, then the folder for your version of ArtRage e.g. ArtRage 2. The arrestart.ptg ( or ar2restart.ptg ) file will be there if it was able to be saved.

Windows Vista / 7. Press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. Run 'appdata'. Open the Roaming Folder, then Ambient Design, then the folder for your version of ArtRage e.g. ArtRage 2. The arrestart.ptg ( or ar2restart.ptg ) file will be there if it was able to be saved.

If the file contains your old painting, copy it to a different location to prevent it from being overwritten.

If the file hasn't been saved, and ArtRage wasn't able to generate an temporary save file, then it would seem likely that the painting has been lost unfortunately. I hope that's of some help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thanks dave I'll have a go but no worries as I bashed another 1 out OK