ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: won't matter but

won't matter but

Dear Wizzards of AR, ummm, guess this is not an earth shattering question, but, while after many feeble attempts for an animated avatar, found there were many caculations to be made, also discovered that things added to a picture seemed to increase the volumn of the picture although the dimensions were the same,,,, so, sure would like to know why,, Thank You!
    screen print example attached
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Each frame in your animation will add information to the file because the contents of the frames are different. Depending on how the animated file is compressed it either stores a full picture per frame, or stores the differences between each frame. Either way, there is more data being added to the file to handle the change in appearance frame by frame. That means the file gets larger as you add animation.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Dear Matt, Thank You very much for the explanation!, it was a little hard for me to understand that just the addition of one little change to the picture, even without animation, increased the size of it,,, guess i was thinking of the picture as just being like a flat piece of paper with no depth, but it must be more like there is dimensions on either back or front of the 'piece of paper' that add to it,, , or,, not, so nice to learn new things!!! xox

It's sort of like this....

Let's say you wanted to draw a picture of a tree using crayons and paper. If the picture was only going to be black and white, you'd only need to carry a sheet of paper and single black crayon. Now let's say you were going to create the same image, but this time in color. In this case, you'd probably need at least a few different colored crayons, like green for the leaves and grass, brown for the tree trunk, blue for the sky, etc. So you'd end up having to carrying more crayons along with the sheet of paper.

Same goes for image files. If it's just two colors, the image file will be smaller, because there's less information that's needed to be carried in the file. As more colors are added to the image, more information is needed to be carried in order to recreate the scene, which makes the image file larger.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Dear SomeoneSane, Thank You so much, your crayon example is just my speed!!! i won't forget it!