ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: monitor

monitor

Hi can I use my tv screen as a monitor ??? thanks

That depends on what kind of TV do you have. But regardless, your video card needs to have the correct video output ports (either S-video/composite for tube TV, or HDMI for HDTV). Then you can hook a cable from your video card up to your TV.
    --LES

and its very unusual for a TV to have the same pixel density as monitors, which results in a very clunky view.

thanks guys for your reply's but I hav'nt made it clear what I wanted to know was could I use my tv screen instead of the small monitor on my PC if no , if i buy new monitor say 24in will I get a bigger area to draw on????

Eighty the larger the monitor the more space you have on your screen to paint or draw, 25" and works out well, my husband has 15" and really does not have enough space to paint or draw

thanks Pat thats what I wanted to know I can think about a new monitor now the one i use now is a 15in I was thinking like 24in which I thought was the largest but u say 25in regards E+

Sorry but you're measuring the wrong thing. The inches make no difference, a 52" HD 1080 TV has the same pixels as a 20" HD 1080 TV screen, and displays the same amount of picture. The same with monitors, the new iPhone crams more pixels into a 3.2" screen than most older monitors have. It can show more picture but it a lot smaller.

What you want is both a good size in " monitor with a high pixel count. The 27" iMac has 2560 x 1440 which is fantastic. Not only can you have a good sized drawing but there is room for all the open panels and tools outside the drawing area.

thanks Kaveman no where getting down to the knitty-gritty , is the 27in
    iMac just a monitor or is it a tv as well ?? and as its a Mac would it work with my PC ?? my problem is I've only got cheepie acer pc given to me as a present it was ok as done the odd email and a game of chess on messinger , but bought a tablet wacom which had a/Rage so now the pc is cramed with drawings so it got slow been told that if I get a external disc that would help as I could bung it all in there , was thinking of getting a 21ux but Juz said that they are heavy ,so I thought for the time being I'd just upgrade the monitor and get a ex/disc I like the sound of the iMac any suggestions thanks sorry to trouble u regards E+

No, the iMac is a complete computer, that I use.

If you have an existing laptop the first thing you need to find out id what ports (plugs) it has to plug into an external monitor. That will determine what sort of monitor it can plug into.

If it's an older one then the TV and Monitor idea won't be feasible especially if you want to use it for AR. SVideo or anything less than DVI/HDMI doesn't give you enough dots to be useable.

So question 1, does your existing computer have DVI or HDMI plugs? If you post a photo of the ports I can probably tell you.

hi kaveman sorry didn't hurry thought u would b in bed the pc is a desktop ok the one in the picture with the 1/2 black face, I'll look in the macshop to see what tha've got??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_1106kavemantec0002.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	370.4 KB 
ID:	47200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_1106kavemantec0003.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	364.0 KB 
ID:	47201