ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: File Name

Gallery
    View images

File Name

Hi,
    here is one thing which I really really miss in ArtRage: the filename of the current painting. As I work quite a lot with this program, and doing variations of the same basical drawing, it would be great to know, "where I am" :?

Gallery
    View images
    I agree. High priority. Should be easy.

I notice another problem. When you save a file and then later do a "Save As...", ArtRage has forgotten the name of the file.

This should be changed so that when you do a "Save As..." command, ArtRage automatically fills in the current file name and places the cursor at the end of the file name so you can immediately begin typing a revision number, etc.
    Robert Elliott Purser
    Instructor
    Wikiversity
    WikiU Film School
    r_elliott at innercite.com
    http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/filmmaking

Gallery
    View images

Need to know current active file name

I make revisions to a painting as it progresses and it would be nice to know the revision currently being worked on so I know where I left off. If I just save a ptg file, I do not actually know of any way of knowing the name of that file (because I have probably forgotten it's name in the heat of creation) until I go back into the folder I am using to store the files in and more or less hunt and peck trying to remember the name I named my last revision.