ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to find Similar Bob Ross brush in Artrage

How to find Similar Bob Ross brush in Artrage

Hi All,

I would like to know if some one could help on how to configure oil brush in ArtRage to have a similar to Bob Ross Oil Brushes

like the attached image.

Name:  Bob-Ross-Brushes.jpg
Views: 3311
Size:  65.3 KB

Regards,
    Hani

Hi Hani,

You can tweak a brush to perform like a Bob Ross Brush.

But you can't alter the paint, and that's the problem.

ArtRage Oil Paint is a fantastic simulation of normal soft Oil Paint.

But the tubes of Bob Ross paint, I still have, were specially manufactured to suit his method. They behave differently, starting thicker but capable of being brushed out very thinly. Their drying curve is different too.

We could also do with the ability to pick up paint on the Palette Knife. You can fiddle about with brushes and get someting similar, but it's not the same.

I am a great Bob Ross fan, because he got me back into painting after many years.

Best wishes to you and any 'little critters'

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Thanks Aged P for the reply , yes you right I tried to fit bob ross painting method here but it was really hard and as you mention "ArtRage Oil Paint is a fantastic simulation of normal soft Oil Paint." and it one of the reason I like oil paint simulaton in Artrage