ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cintiq Backlog

Cintiq Backlog

I decided to bite the bullet and get the new Cintiq 21UX for home only to discover there is a backlog of around 2-3 months on this model. There is no backlog on the smaller models (normal or widescreen).
    This backlog is at both Wacom and Corel.
    I rang wacom and the backlog is at the manufacturer, basically they didn't expect to sell near as many as they have.

I shopped around a bit and found a dealer that already had a large order on backorder so it should only be 10days or so before it arrives. (fingers and toes crossed).

Anyway hope this is helpful to anyone thinking of purchasing the larger Cintiq in the near future.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

good on yer Juz been looking myself but was'nt sure wether I could cope as it has taken me 3 months to get to gripes with the small b/fun one mister paint said thats what he dreamed of having and nobody has had one so you'll be the 1st and I'm waiting to hear your Qeal's of delight, liked your girl where do u get all those colours from

Thanks eightyMatey for the comment on the gurly... for colour palette i used the 'oil spectrum' palette that now ships with artrage... It now ships with artrage 3 and can be found within your application folder; resources; colors.
    You can learn more about it from this thread:-
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19346

I think Judith has the cintiq21UX and theres a few around using the WX ...
    Some people prefer the smaller one as they are mighty heavy.

I really needed to replace my intuos 3 at home as its developed a bouncy creakiness thats really driving me nuts of late. Its the 12x9 and wacom didn't think to put stoppers in the middle for support (doesn't help having cats that make a point of stomping up and down on it constantly). It's getting out of hand with vector work needing to place things pixel perfect, and the stupid thing bounces.

Both my monitors are 4:3 and standard frames and print sizes are 3:2 so its a better ratio for me than the intuos 4 with my home setup. This is the 2nd 21UX wacom has released and it seems they've solved some of the issues I had with the former one.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)