Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: Sticker Sheet and Preset Creation

thank you for all your efforts for us here at AR Someonesane, it is much appreciated, now I'm off to see if I can make a sticker

Thank you Someonesane for the tute! Was extremely help and easy to follow

thanks Someonesane, great tutorial

I managed to create a flower sticker spray .. the only thing I couldn't figure out is: how to create multicolored sticker spray presets (like "Flower Children" for example, where every flower has two different colors)?

image attached for clarification ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110306_flower.children....png 
Views:	212 
Size:	476.1 KB 
ID:	53434  

Quote Originally Posted by MSIE View Post
    thanks Someonesane, great tutorial

I managed to create a flower sticker spray .. the only thing I couldn't figure out is: how to create multicolored sticker spray presets (like "Flower Children" for example, where every flower has two different colors)?

image attached for clarification ...

Hi MSIE,

I'm glad you found the tutorial useful .

In order to get your stickers to take on different colors, you need to have the Spray change it's "Hue" settings in some manner. This can be done in a number of ways, such as linking the Hue to the pens pressure, or having them switch color in order of the stickers sequence, or just change at random. In the screen shot below, you'll see I've pointed out a dial on the Variations panel. This dial adjusts the Hue setting based on a Random variation. The higher you set the percentage dial, the more colors the stickers will take on when sprayed onto the canvas, at random. In my example, I've set the dial to 18%, which means that my colors will only jump between 18% of the color wheel. So by selecting purple in my color picker, I get hues ranging from purple to a redish pink. If I selected green in my color picker, I'd get hues ranging from green to cyan. Now, if I were to turn the dial all the way up to 100%, the flowers would take on all the colors available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hue.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	53435
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

thanks again, Someonesane, for the explanations

it worked, as you can see in the attached image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110307_thankyou.flowers.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	53450  

Great lesson

Very good someonesane.. I really enjoyed the lesson but must redo-it to get the last steps straight.. How do I remove a sticker that is repeated? Different name? That happened to me on this tutorial and now need to find out hot to get rid of one. Thanks someoneelse. S5T68IS2TA

Quote Originally Posted by S5T68IS2TA View Post
    Very good someonesane.. I really enjoyed the lesson but must redo-it to get the last steps straight.. How do I remove a sticker that is repeated? Different name? That happened to me on this tutorial and now need to find out hot to get rid of one. Thanks someoneelse. S5T68IS2TA

Hi S5T68IS2TA,

I'm glad that you are finding my tutorial useful. To remove a sticker you no longer wish to keep, just follow these steps:
    1 - Go up to the Menu bar and click on Tools > User Content > Open User Stickers Folder.

2 - Delete the .stk file that you no longer wish to keep (the file name will match the name you gave the Sticker).

3 - Close and then reopen ArtRage.

Thank you for the tutorial

question 1)
    but I have some questions, what is the differnce between the uper layer and lower layer, why u use only the the lower layer?

questin 2)
    If I made my stickers out from artrage, why I get often bad stickers? I get a frame by some png a error frame, coz there is alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropainter View Post
    Thank you for the tutorial

question 1)
    but I have some questions, what is the differnce between the uper layer and lower layer, why u use only the the lower layer?
    There is no difference really. They both do the same thing, in that they allow you to add the various map options to the sticker. Having two, just allows you to apply to separate sets of maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropainter View Post
    questin 2)
    If I made my stickers out from artrage, why I get often bad stickers? I get a frame by some png a error frame, coz there is alpha
    You need to create the sticker with an empty background (in ArtRage that means the "opacity" percentage must be set to 0%). It's a good idea to also turn off the canvas lighting.

Okay, thank your your answer. I did yesterday open the PNG File in Artrage again and it was very fine.

But I didn't turned off the CanvasLighting, is this the reason, why I have 'bumped' Sticker (bumped if canvas was turned on?)?

It would be also cool, If artrage could have once a day also a bump layer or even a normal layer for bumping or even displacement. So it would be nice for making 3D effects + various light settings