Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: Sticker Sheet and Preset Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    sure hope one day there will be an option to Import Image then just right click and Make a Sticker or Spray From This Image, your tutorial was so helpful, don't know how in the world one could do this without your help! a million thanks xox!!!
    I'm happy the tutorial helped . There is a reason the Sticker Creation feature is a bit more complicated then many might have expected and this is because the stickers themselves have more to them then simply being a stamp. For example, if you were to use the Star Glitter or the ZapPowBlam Sticker Spray presets, both found under the Sticker Spray category, you'll find that the reflections of each individual sticker reacts to the 3D light source ArtRage uses depending on the rotation of the sticker. To show you this visually, I have animated how the "Pow" sticker reflects light while being turned in the ArtRage environment (see image below).

As you can see, there is a bright glare bouncing off the Pow at certain points when it is tilted. The reason these stickers shine like they do, is because I made them using a number of different mapping layers (called Color, Texture, Gloss, and Metallic in the sticker creator). I didn't include this information in the above tutorial, because I felt explaining it all at once would be to much for a single tutorial and I doubted many people would want to go the extra steps right away. To give you an example of what's involved, one would need to create special images that sort of shadow the original stickers used for the color map of the sticker sheet. So you can see what I mean, I've attached a screen shot of the map layers I used when creating the Shiny Star sticker (see the image below).

Name:  shinystar.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  54.4 KB

As shown in the image above, I have used four different images, for six different map layers, to create a single sticker image (the star you see in the image below).

Name:  shinystar.png
Views: 938
Size:  19.4 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Dear SomeoneSane, you are amazing and so helpful, sure wish you could hold classes for us some day,,, now, that is bringing up a neat idea for the ARCreators, post video tutorials, um , that would mean a tuition fee for the professors, thank you for the information on the moving flashing stickers!!! will have to try that one, except haven't figured out that animation thingy, that's another day for now i am going nuts with the stickers!!! best wishes! xox
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Lee, thanks.

Just to clarify, the animated image I posted wasn't created using Artrage, only the sticker was. I recorded the sticker being manually turned on my screen using Camstudio and converted the captured area to an animated gif as a visual example. ArtRage itself doesn't do animation.

Hi SomeoneSane,, thank you!!! yep, that will be another thing we can look forward too, best wishes!!!

Thumbs up

I am also greatful for your fine tute! Thank you.

I thank you as well, and agree with Lee, that "sure hope one day there will be an option to Import Image then just right click and Make a Sticker or Spray From This Image" maybe this could be programmed in.
    Last edited by ArtfulAmanda; 08-19-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Thumbs up

Great tutorial! No one need ever fear sticker-making again!
    Cat Boxes, a web comic

SOS, very clear and concise... easy to read and digest. You made it so easy for folks to understand. Great job on this!

@ - Lee, hced, ArtfulAmanda, terrygillooly, and gzairborne

Thanks everyone . Hopefully it'll help anyone having trouble grasping the process. For any of you who may have made an image using stickers, you might think about joining the fun in Alexandra's project thread here: The Sphere and Other Stamps and Stickers. We are having fun creating images using the stickers in new ways, by changing their settings in the Variations Panel. Here is the newest image I posted there:

Hope to see some your creations soon

Thank you so much Someonesane!
    I have printed off your wonderful tutorial-this is so generous of you.