ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: improve Chalk?

improve Chalk?

I'm trying to get to know Chalk.
    But i have one small issue with it.
    I've uploaded a picture of Chalk, and if you look at it, i'd like it if the tiny white dots in the middle of the red circle, didn't exist.
    h t t p : //
    photos4.pix.ie/CE/19/CE1930B35A0C4555B84ADA5F8A5AD0A4-800.jpg
    I like the rough edges of the Chalk, but would like the inner part to be opaque.

How can i change it?

Your sample looks like it's using the default pressure setting of 50%. Try 100%. There'll be much less white space in the center. If that isn't opaque enough it might be possible to create a sticker brush with chalk like characteristics and no white showing in the center.

Ray

Thanks for the tip, that does help things.

While we're on this subject, would it be possible for the developers to post the dab or dabs for the chalk tool to experiment with some sticker brushes?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raybeau528 View Post
    While we're on this subject, would it be possible for the developers to post the dab or dabs for the chalk tool to experiment with some sticker brushes?

Thanks!
    It's not possible, ArtRage does not use dabs, it renders strokes in real-time, depending on paper texture
    So search somewhere for Photoshop brushes of Chalk and then import them in AR
    Last edited by Null; 07-26-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Ok, thanks!

Ray

Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
    I'm trying to get to know Chalk.
    But i have one small issue with it.
    I've uploaded a picture of Chalk, and if you look at it, i'd like it if the tiny white dots in the middle of the red circle, didn't exist.
    h t t p : //
    photos4.pix.ie/CE/19/CE1930B35A0C4555B84ADA5F8A5AD0A4-800.jpg
    I like the rough edges of the Chalk, but would like the inner part to be opaque.

How can i change it?
    Well, I confess that I liked an option to change the softness/hardness of the chalk. But it is possible to work around it.

In addition to bumping the Pressure to 90% or 100% which was suggested by RayBeau528, a trick I like to use is to just change the paper/canvas while working with the chalks.

Also, don't ignore the crayons -- feel-wise, they are surprisingly similar to the chalks -- and they do have the option of changing the 'hardness' of the medium.
    Last edited by tasquith; 07-26-2010 at 06:32 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.