ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Redo

Redo

Iím doing something I really did not like the idea of; redoing previous work.

Background Ö
    Iím new to ArtRage and the AR community here. However, been drawing, casually, for years. Then last year decide to scan my drawings and explore ways to do more with my art .. put some colour to it.
    I ended up with a copy of Corel Essentials and exploring different methods. I was striving for a ĎDark Horseí comic look (http://www.darkhorse.com/Features/Desktops/387/Conan) .
    I was semi-satisfied with my end results. However found my self lost in a sea of tools and methods. I wanted a simple tool to do art with.
    I got a Wacom Bamboo Pen (http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen.php) tablet and shortly after downloaded ArtRage 2.6 (free version). Was immediately hooked on AR and immediately purchased the full 2.6 version (just upgrade to AR3 Studio). The combination of the pen tablet and ArtRage had me discover my own style. I also discovered a fantastic community here with great tip and tricks.

So I do not plan on redoing all my previous work. However I had one sketch I really liked:

However was not satisfied with the first version.

With new tools and techniques Iím redoing this (titled it Last Thing .. as it was the last thing you see before you expired)

Work In Progress #1

Tracing image of original sketch. Two layers.. first is a "color wash" using the airbrush to set the tones (going for a cold snowy outdoors area . lots of gray and blue).
    They lay down the first of the paint on the arm and hand. Paint tubes and a soft pallet knife. Airbrush for highlights.

Work In Progress #2

Working on bow and by mistake paint the lower bow on the wash layer. oopps! So I just flatten the entire image all on one layer now. And continue with other arm hand and then face and cloak.

Taking my time and having a blast on this redo.

7/23/10 after work before I'm off to play and read.

sorry hav'nt time trying to dodge that blasted arrow