ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Reference feature suggestions

Reference feature suggestions

Any chance of a grid feature for references? I don't trace but sometimes when referencing a complex pattern - creases in clothing or a carved design - it would be handy to be able to overlay a grid onto the reference and position a linked grid (with the same aspect ratio) on the image itself. It could even be clever and highlight the area you're working on. Maybe.

Also, how about having a flip option on references, and also the ability to keep the border a set size whilst zooming in on specific areas?

And nothing to do with references, but it would be handy also to have an option by which stencils disappear when you're painting on them (or maybe an optional transparency or outline or something). They seem very useful for quick textures but I can't get much use out of them on account of not being able to see what's underneath.

thankyouverymuch

Thanks for the suggestions! We're continuing to work on updates and have taken a note of these for consideration.

Regarding the ability to zoom in to a reference images without changing the borders: Currently, if you move your cursor over the reference image, then click and drag on the magnifying glass icon that appears, you can zoom in to the reference image. Clicking and dragging on the four-way arrow icon allows you to pan the image around within the border. If that's not quite what you're after, let me know as I may have misunderstood.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Cheers, Dave, that's great.

About the reference zooming, I've done this mock-up. At the moment (correct me if I'm wrong) the border aspect ratio can't be changed, so in this example if I want to look only at the guy's head, at that level of zoom, I'd have to have a large border. What I'm suggesting is a way of resizing the border without affecting the contents. Clear as mud probably

Ahaa! I see now, thanks for the clarification!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Brilliant suggestions
    I ran into needing to flip a reference just this week and am always wishing I had some control over the opacity of stencils.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)