ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedy unfinished drawing

Speedy unfinished drawing

I found quite stimulating discussing with our dear Eighty+ about drawing (he's a natural master of).
    I therefore took some minute to prepare a paper and tried with an imaginary, speedy example with a monochrome pencil (various tonal value though) simulating an ancient initial sketch with just few traits.
    A path I think I should try too once again, down to detaila, with more commitment to take it to a finished enough stage and .... above all, using the pen, rather than the mouse, as in this example.
    I also added a watercolor layer (2 minutes wild strokes) to provide You another version ....
    I hope that these rough figure versions are reputed interesting enough to be shown ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrawingSketch.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	46689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrawingSketch&watercolor layer.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	46690  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-21-2010 at 03:35 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

looking good Caesar practise makes pefect as they say by the way there a young italian girl an crictue called the black rose she's only 14 can
    u translate ok

Actually I can do much better (and I will soon), dear Eighty+, especially if not imaginary like this one, but copying from a reference.
    However the artistic value is not in the precise reproduction (a camera or a scanner, or even tracing/ picking colors can do better in terms of fidelity), but in the interpretation You give through Your sensitivity and signs. Thats why I don't feel I'm an artist and still have to decide if I'll ever become so ...
    What I like the most in here is the background paper I quickly set up. But it may be an interesting experiment and procedure for anyone in case.
    Thank You anyway for Your kind support.

... and I did what You asked for concerning Black Rose!

Yes Caesar they are definately worth showing, they are very good, you really captured the muscle tone of the figure, well done

Dear Caesar, this isn't the first time that your relaxed methods paid off, so natural for you, beautiful!!!

I would like to see how they turn out when you go all the way with them. These are fairly good for imagination. References will only seal the deal.

Fantastic craftsmanship Caesar! Quickie or not, this is fantastic sketching!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

First I'd like to say, concerning the procedure, that this time, I added watercolors on a different layer, rather than on the same, thus it did not bleed or smudge the pencil traits.

Thank You, dear Pat! I've developped, along my many years drawing, a certain degree of anatomical knowledge that, combined with some space vision and surface curvature mental image, gives me some good hints (and some disapprovals) almost by natural intuition. So I do believe practising is as much important as reading tutorials. Thank You!

Maybe it's become it gives me the possibility to fix an intuition while it's stil alive and motivating, dear Lee. Long, meticulous planning are not for me ... until I'm not paid for such a sacrifice of excessive time use and some boring part of the procedures ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Magen! I'll see how far I will and widh go on similar sort of preparatory sketches. The highest satisfaction comes when You produce a fully credible image by mere imagination for me (and also the most powerful boost to try and improve).

You need to add the rest mentally here, dear Sandra, but I'm glad You like it as well ... Thank You!

Dear Sketch You're always very kind and encouraging! Thank You very much!

Very nice I really like this look
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/