ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enchanted forest - An imaginary w_color

Enchanted forest - An imaginary w_color

Here it is as an advanced sketch. One layer (I'm so lazy ....).
    Used the mouse and wet on wet (no dry paint).
    I'd suggest to look at it on a smaller size or from some distance ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enchanted Forest2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	482.8 KB 
ID:	46512  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-15-2010 at 03:39 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very enchanting!

Water color has always been a difficult medium for me, but it is very pretty when expertly done such as this.

What a nice landscape, you have an interesting technique.

Caesar, I love it, looks like I'm in a beautiful dream

I am sure, that the path you painted here in this forest leads also to Rome....the enchanted city...Caesar...verywell done and on one layer...and funny that i too am thinking of the nice landscape.The last one i've done in AR O free version...

Excellent excellent excellent. I can visualize Frodo and his party leaving the safe haven of the shire laughing and talking unaware that within the next few minutes a dark being shall appear!

Caesar: nuevamente nos ofreces una magnífica obra, fresca, liviana y colorida. Nosotros podemos "sentir" el aroma a bosque, a vegetación, que emana desde allí.
    Felicitaciones...

Caesar: once again you offer us a magnificent work, fresh, light and colorful. We can "feel" the smell of forest, vegetation, that emanates from there.
    Congratulations ...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Caesar just so beautiful and well done.

Thank You, dear Magen! It's an hard to tame tool for me too to be used on the same layer, especially because I don't like too much the recourse to eraser and dry paint. For a far better result I should use more layers, but this would require much more planning which is against the fast intuition and artistic burst You usually have when You wish to sketch something out of You imagination ...

Thank You, dear TOM! To be sincere I rather have an interesting absence of technique in here (apart from the rough pencils sketching You may see through ...)

... so I won't wake up for the moment, dear Patty. Thank You!

... and sheep flocks crop in the nearby meadows among milleniarian ruins, as in the good ol painting and prints ... Dear Anna, I wish it were still so much more (curiously there are still little sheep flocks in the meadows and by some ruins, which we are continuously diiging out all over, which make me believe ancient Romans intented to have their descendants working hard like they did ...). Thank You!

Right dear Sandra! Fortunately there are some rocks they may hide behind. I hope Frodo will refrain from wearing the ring .... Thank You!

Muchas Graçias Damaso! How encouraging a comment, my dear friend!
    Rome, as all Northern and Central Italy, because of the mountains all over, remain mostly green also in summer and with a luxuriant vegetation (apart from the Mediterranean typical one growing along the southern and islands coasts). Rome, in particular, enjoys of such a fresh flowing water abundance, since more than 2000 years, when ancient aqueducts led water in the town, that it was once called Regina Aquarum (Queen of the Waters). You may still realize it from the ever flowing fountains which include all the small public ones all over and where people can drink strolling ( and there's no tap to stop the flow).

Thank You, dear Oriane! I hope I'll soon be able to come back successfully to thick oils and get even better spontaneous compositions. A fourth of Your artistic quality with them would be more than enough to be satisfied ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Its a beautiful place Cesare and could well imagine the little magical people dancing around there.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307