ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Home Sweet Home - Ant's

Home Sweet Home - Ant's

Hi,

A couple of years ago in Thailand, Hubby and I took a lot of walks in this park where many trees were blooming with colors of yellow and purple. Under a particular tree a fire ant would suddenly drop on my clothes (never on Hubby) and when we finally looked up and there was a nest of fire ants! I took a camera with me one day and here is the result. I painted the picture from a photograph. This type of fireants live on trees only, love mango trees in particular. The nests can be as big as 12 inches across and their eggs are as big as the tip of the little finger and many Thais eat them for delicacy.

Any comments are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Home Sweet Home-Ant's.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	46509  

Very pretty picture you have painted, Jasminek, lovely, Thais colors and the ant with their red bodies looks and is painted so well in it ...very uplifting view of this.. i like this work very much..

I'm especially happy that these particular fire-ants are contained in this beautiful painting...

This is really well done. Great job!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

A lady once told me that ants tasted like lemons. I was afraid to ask her how she knew this! Beautiful painting Jasmine!

...WOW, an artistic version of National Geographic, dear Jasmine!
    Beautiful painting and story (and an intriguing meal suggestion)....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Lovely painting Jasmine with such wonderful bright colours but so happy that the ants are only in the painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Beautiful painting and very fresh. I like.

Thanks for all your comments.
    javier - The tropical color is so bright, even though I have been in the States for the past 41 years, I still miss those colors.

coops- I am sorry to tell you that some places in Florida, the fire ants are there.

Caesar - Talking about different types of meals, I understand that ant's eggs are meals or source of protein in many continents, well, could be worse like eating ants themselves.

Alexandra - Confirm that ants do taste like lemon juice, sour....for sure--I didn't eat them, just when I got bit one time, I touched and licked the bump (I was quite small) and it tasted sour. Mom explained that, after they bite, they urinate too!

barnburner - They are in some parts of Florida now, it is a shame.

AT-TA - Thanks for your encouraging comments dear AT-TA.

Happy paintings to all.