ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: where have I gone wrong ??

where have I gone wrong ??

girl with a red hat vermeer's i thought i'd try tracing image was told this is what everybody does to save drawing freehand ok I've gone wrong somewhere all i've enddid up with is the pic; with enhanced colour's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girl with a red hat.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	46470  

Not sure what you mean.

There's reference images and then there's tracing images.

I use references inside the program, but not the tracing function. I know a few people enjoy using it. I can't recall who they were specifically at the moment.

Might be best to ask someone perhaps in the tips?

hi Mags I was told that its old hat to draw your image as all the pro artist use the tracing image as its there in artrage and save's time plus u don't have to worry about the position's as its done for u so I thought I'd see what its all about but I've done something wrong as usesal I have another go and see what happen's ok --------------E/S

Mybe You ended up importing the picture too (looking at the size) ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

thanks Mags / Caesar I've got it sorted I hope

hello there, tracing an already made art work (painting or a photograph) by someone else isnt right at all. if thats fine with somebody then that person doesnt know the importance of originality (of composition) in art, which is the most important thing to have, even the colors and light must be one's own. original composition is the thing that actually makes you earn points.
    if a composition has been borrowed or taken from someone else's work then nothing major is left to get any score/points (as most people see and admire composition). when people trace paintings, or images from calenders, books etc they are not producing original art work.
    i dont think people do that to save time, they do that cause they cant do without it, cause saving time is not what one is after while painting. again, originality is the most important element to have.
    the worst thing is that people dont even mention the procedure when they share a traced work, i guess one must atleast give credit to the original painter, photographer who's work they have traced.
    tracing isnt advisable even for the beginner, cause the person wont ever develop confidence and force and will always be needing an image to work on. and they will never be able to make anything original completely. thats the reason why in proper art schools, sketching/drawings and painting from "life" are considered to be so crucial and must to do.
    just thought to share this to clear a point...
    Last edited by waheednasir; 07-29-2010 at 12:29 AM.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Thanks again Waheednasir I Like the drawing from the Orin; even if it not an exact copy I feel better about it I felt that tracing was like cheating I supose u could use it just to get the right alinement of the figure just using dots don't know what do u think any way thanks for clearing up that point for me I can no go back to happly drawing