Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiaroscuro stilllife.

Chiaroscuro stilllife.

hi there.... sharing a my recent digitaly painted stilllife painting. its done in artrage, using tablet and my own composition. all self-visualised. i do have these objects, but i didnt arrange them as u see here.
    ive kept the environment classical, with strong contrasts (as the title says), but ive handled it in a modern way, with strokes that are casual and unblended.
    i would rather call it a stilllife in an environment, than a pure still life painting. i went for depicting the mood of the place/that special corner of the room, thats mysteriously lit with objects that come out of the darkness. my other main goal was to have various sort of wonderful surfaces/textures that we see all around us. i love to have their individual feel/look, like, from soft to hard reflective....

i loved painting this and i very much hope u all like it....

thanks for coming in...cheers all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

grrrrrr.....i'm yellow now....

*puttingthedefibrilatoraway*

wonderful work as always...you sense for great textures and composing are sooo goood...and the holes on the can..amazing...

no crits then..

best wishes...

maror

ps: did you have some more of your guitar tracks.... i'm often hear them when i'm working!
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't find any words, I'll just clap my hands.

congratzz.I can't stop looking at this.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Whenever you post a painting I open it with a snse of eagerness and I'm never disappointed....................if I could paint as you can I might even give up music..............FANTASTIC work, congratulations Waheed

Best to you

Peter

It's not just that you paint objects and scenes wonderfully, it's that you also present their flaws, and give them character. The things you paint are real - they're not just representations of real things.

Fantastic stuff, Waheed. Absolutely gorgeous work.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

:shock: as always another fantastic piece waheed ......you never fail to bring great works to the forum matey ............stunning stuff yet again .......love everything ............

Beautiful work, waheed. I had just finished reading your Macaw tutorial then stumbled across this piece; you not only exhibit a wide range of painting skill, but a great depth of talent in each also.

Thanks for sharing with the community and showing us what's possible with the product, a bit of time, and some refined painterly skills; your continued artworks are about as good an endorsement as Ambient Design could ask for.

thank u all...

. thank u so much everyone...it feels nice to see u all droping by and appreciating it so much.

maror...thank u very much for your kind words....
    i do have about 7 guitar tracks of mine at my website, including those that i shared here as well. u can get the rest of them from there.
    www.waheednasir.com just go to the Music section....

hanzz...thank u for those claps....

sweedie...i appreciate...glad u like it...thanks....

peter...so nice of u to write such a beautiful reply. thanks.... and pls dont stop your music. see, im too enjoying both of these art forms.... may i know what do u do regarding music?

andy...so good to see u here and read your wonderful lines...thanks a lot for every word of yours.

best wishes everyone.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

thanks a lot.

two of the above written comments came here, while i was typing my previous reply....

speggie...i thank u for loving it and appreciate u droping by mate....

isolationism...so nice of u to reply with such kind words. that means a lot to me. thanks for going thru my Macaw tutorial as well. u know, its the same treatment, the only difference is "finish". this one has been taken further ahead, given more time and is more finished/refined. but the macaw is a finished piece in its own right and style as well. its just that the style is different, but with similar approach (painterly)....

thanks once again.

cheers.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

The dark is pressing in this picture.

I'm kinda getting a heavyness or sadness. Almost feels like the house of a widow, one who is closing the curtain on worldly things into numbness or letting go.

Interesting. Was that anywhere in your mind when you did this?

Great job, of course. Otherwise I doubt I would be reading into it.