ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaves for Cesare

Leaves for Cesare

Hi Cesare, I had to paint this as I was inspired by your watercolor techniques and beautiful layout.
    I hope you enjoy the leaves. Five layers, watercolor on watercolor paper with airbrush, pencil, and knife upon watercolor-heavy bleed. I had to have fun with duplicating too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As I suspected. You got an impressive depth and effects fusion Sandra! Sure I love leaves (it sound nice too).Thank You!
    I'd be also quite curious to see on some other subject, a foliage for instance, just to keep in theme, and a selected palette of even bold colors, what we may get in terms of different glazings, reflections and depths ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Beautiful leaves Alexandra

That lovely Sandra, great colours too
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

How interesting Cesare, glazings-I will have to try this. Do you have a tutorial, or is there one in the tutorial section? I will look.
    I wish I had the smaller leaf more into the left instead of cutting it off-but then it was an example and quick fun really. I will definitely try some foliage with this as well-thanks!

Pat, thank you very much!

Thanks Katie, very much appreciated!

For glazing just use an upper layer and paint high pressure but thinned enough or make that layer transparent to some appropriate extent.
    Watercolors blending of the upper layer (or the hue mode if I'm not wrong) should make the best effect, especially with watercolors.
    Curiously enough, in the real world painting, glazings are very good to provide depth and rich reflexes to water and skin and it's not used instead for skies, where direct blending works better, contrary to what someone may intuitively believe ...
    Best wishes for Your forthcoming experiments ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Cesare, I just pasted your instructions to my tutorial folder. Looking forward to trying this. Thanks so much!

You have a beautiful style, I like your paintings very much Alex.
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks so much Jules!
    BTW, is there any news on the new Alexa car being in the works with Jules Incorporated? You know...something for a tall woman of 5'11" and two kids that are going to be tall as well and with a fantastic stereo system in it too, just modest things really....name painted on the side and great mags as well....not really picky though.Just kidding Jules, I did love your car though!

Alexandra, lovely leaves so rich and velvety