ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some interesting watercolors effects + a miniature tree

Some interesting watercolors effects + a miniature tree

On the same layer or two blended with watercolors modes ... Many interesting textures seems possible just on a rough colour watercolour paper sheet.
    The numbers 1 and 2 refers to blending the same color respectively thinner (lighter) on drier (darker) or drier on thinner (as for real watercolors). The same applies to 3 and 4, but the second stroke is given on the upper layer in WC blending mode.
    Just an experimental spots palette, but I hope this will incentivate many others towards the exploration and use of AR watercolors tool ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Some watercolors effects.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	46348  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-09-2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Excellent study dear Cesare! Thank you for sharing this. I will have to save this in my tutorial file.
    I am experimenting with watercolors also and I have to say that it is my favorite in this software.
    I love to add airbrush on top of watercolor and blend with tiny frost knife too-this can be really nice on petals or skin.

I'm sorry it's not really a tutorial.
    I just started with the idea of testing light on dark vs dark on light for WC and I lost my control and made a bunch of stroke tests, with all the std WC presets too, without recording how I got each of these effects.
    I can only say that low or zero loading produces interesting stoke end grainy effects with WC also depending from the paper You select.
    Great ideas Yours, dear Sandra, and thanks for this exchange and revelation of Your discoveries ...
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-09-2010 at 01:28 AM.

Nice use of watercolours Cesare, still can't get my head round them. Love the tree.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Caesar, your testing looks great , thank you I must try this as I love the wc brush .

Thanks for posting this, Caesar. I'll run home tonight and try out some of these ideas. Sure would like to know what I'm doing in AR watercolor.

Nice Caesar.

This looks wonderful, Caesar. I will have to adventure out on AR's watercolor painting one day .
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Thank You dear Katie, Jean, Marcialsj, Oriane and Evart!
    I'm glad to hear that many among You got curious to try watercolors (and some texturized paper), since I'm sure that Your art and some happy accident You may find and exploit will eventually provide many stunning and original artpieces and new effects not yet seen ....

Yes Caesar you may have talked me into trying