ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window Geraniums

Window Geraniums

This painting is from a California seaside village in the summertime. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by marcialsj; 07-03-2010 at 06:55 AM.

It's another astounding artpiece. Excellent!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Marcia, this is awsome... flowers so fresh and bright... all nicely set up against the house backgroud... and my goodness you are complaining about not having the right colors in your pics... i admire this wholeheartedly... i used to paint a lot of flowers... but this... it is really outstanding job...Applause....

I love this Marcia those geraniums look so real. an altogether loverly painting Best wishes Jo x

Quite Lovely view. I really like the lattice on the windows, I have a problem drawing straight lines, any advice?

Thank you so much for your verbal responses, Caesar, At-Ta, Josephine and Jasminek. I'm really glad you enjoyed the painting.

At-Ta, I always seem to complain about something, but truly, your set of colors are a lot different than mine are.

Josephine, talking about realism, I really got into my original photo of this and zoomed in a lot on the flowers, taking my time painting each petal, and evidently that paid of in gettng them to look so real. The pinks and greens and blues kept calling me to come come back and work on them in the small spurts of time I had this last week so I spent a bunch of time on this painting.

Jasminek, all the work I've done so far in AR has been from tracing a photo, and I find that I wobble less if I zoom in between 100% and 200% to draw lines with my Wacom tablet and pen. At that size the lines seem as big as a truck so it is easy to trace them. But I understand that if you want to draw straight lines, there is a hot key (Ctrl?) to keep your AR tool going in a straight line. Maybe someone else can volunteer an answer about this. Also, there is a ruler in the stencils I think that you can use. And finally, if you get desparate, I think you could fold a piece of paper and lay it on your tablet and trace against it.
    Last edited by marcialsj; 07-03-2010 at 11:24 AM.

This is beautiful
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Very good composition.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thanks for the answer on drawing straight lines. I started painting when I was little by tracing but my art teacher was quite upset about that so I have tendencies to draw free hand Lovely window you have done.

Beautiful painting!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery: