ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger in the Grass for the Year of Tiger

Tiger in the Grass for the Year of Tiger

Hi,

It has been a long time that I finally painted something. Because 2010 is the year of Tiger, I attempted to paint a tiger several times. Needless to say, I failed miserably the last 2 times.

This tiger is painted using a picture, somehow I cannot get the shade of white for the fur to show much. And the teeth----Help please!!!!

Any comments and advice are very welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great work Jasmine! I need to look at the years again-I think my son is under the tiger. I want to paint one for the rabbit-that's me.

A magnificent image of this wonderful feline in ambush! It's so impressive You would think to hear its roar and upcoming deadly spring!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks dear Alexandra for kind words. 2011 will be the year of Rabbit.

Each cycle of year is 12, if your son is 12, 24 + 12..., this year he is a tiger. Moi, I turn 5 cycles, that is 60

Dear Caesar, you encouraging words mean a lot to me, I am a tiger but haven't done the ambush yet......hmm, should I surprise the Hubby?

Thanks again.

You always should .... dear Jasminek! I guess hubbies are perfect preys to have some cat-play fun .....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Looks pretty good, feeling the power of this poweful animal, but regarding your eyes, you may erase the lower layers may, only in the desired area?. Is my opinion. Good job.

Thanks Javier for the advice, I do have problems with those eyes. Thanks sincerely.

Jasminek, I think the problem of white may be linked to the use of metallic paint. Did you used the metallic ink? Beautiful tiger.

Nice work, Jasminek...and i think as Oriane says...you might have the metalic paint fully on....it looks like it on your pic.

Yes Jasmine, my boy is 12. He also confirmed this info with me as well.
    I enjoyed viewing your painting and had to show it to him.